Armored Core 4 now PS3 exclusive

Armored Core 4 exclusief voor de PS3?

Armored Core 4 zal als we de site van From software mogen geloven exclusief voor de PS3 verschijnen. Er werdt vanuit gegaan dat de game op een non ps console zou worden uitgebracht, er was zelfs even sprake van een Xbox360 exclusieve. Nu lijkt het toch een PS3 exclusieve te worden.

Original Announcement:

From Software has recently announced that PlayStation 3 version of Armored Core 4 is almost complete and is schedualed to be released on or shortly after the November 11th, 2006 Japanese release of the PlayStation 3. The Xbox 360 ,according to From Software’s official website translated form Japanese, however has been cancelled. The series producer and From Software CEO Naotoshi Zin stated that this decision was due to a recent contract with Sony entertainment to keep the Armored Core series PlayStation 3 exclusive. This move would easily allow the company to produce Armored Core’s first animated movie through Sony Entertainment. Naotoshi Zin also stated that Xbox 360 system would be to complex to develop for even though they have had the dev kits sitting in their lab for almost a year. Armored Core is still slated to be localized in the United States and Europe by Sega.

http://www.ps3focus.nl/sitee/nieuws/bekijk.php?id=2668&cat=catps3

Well there you go. Which mech game exclusive do you think will be a better game? AC4 or Chromdhounds? Who got the better deal? And which one do you see doing better worldwide?

Interesting. So this is not just a japan exclusive for ps3 as it was previously, but world exclusive? I'm not trying to be suspicious of anything, but It would be better if we had a straight english confirmation.

Anyways, Amored Core 4 could be a sleeper hit from what I saw in screenshots/trailers. The game looks impressive imo. And I'm guessing we will see even more at TGS.

hasnt it already been in production for x360 anyway? this post makes no sense... I thought we had seen screens of this game for 360 last year...?

You miss before that where it says it was due to a recent agreement with Sony.

Oh really?

"Naotoshi Zin also stated that Xbox 360 system would be to complex to develop for even though they have had the dev kits sitting in their lab for almost a year."

This is given in future tense even though they have ALREADY developed the software... :rolleyes:

I rather assumed AC would continue to be developed for the Playstation while they worked on another series (Chromehounds, obviously) to test on another platform that already had similar-like mechy games.

Like as not "too complex" comments would stem from the games using separate engines designed for their specific target consoles, and porting the games over to another console would take too much time and effort to deliver the quality they want on the timetables they want.

At any rate, this way they'll be able to continue pushing their "mech game" forte on multiple consoles with the designs they think will be more appealing to the target platform, and with a continuing engine that they feel will LOOK best on each platform.

The future may bring enough sales and interest to work on porting, at which point... who knows?

hasnt it already been in production for x360 anyway? this post makes no sense... I thought we had seen screens of this game for 360 last year...?
I don't personally know if any of the footage that got tossed up on the 360 side was more than "trailer" material, and so may have have just been shared across.

Back