Anyone know if Dell is updating the 2405FPW?

Guden Oden

Legend
As most of you probably already knows, the current model does not support HDCP copy protection paranoia crap over DVI, and analog HD playback might be sabotaged by certain movie studios once HDDVD and BR movies make it into the shops.

So, any news? It's '06 already so if they were updating it probably should have happened already, but the need for HDCP is becoming more urgent every day unfortunately...

Just refuse to spend money on movies that requires HDCP. It does not protect against real pirating, it might mess with casual (legal) copying for average users though.

I want a 2405FPW with HDCP too... bad

I use a 2405FPW at the office. But I want one for home for gaming and HDTV. It has so many inputs I could plug a PC into the DVD-D, xbox into the RGB, PS3 into the composite - or some combination inbetween.

Dell's 30" has too many disadvantages to it. The native res is too high to be useful for gaming. It's dual link. And it costs more than two 24" screens. And they only put 1 DVI-D input on it!

The only reason I haven't bought a 2405FPW for home yet is the lack of HDCP. The second they release the HDCP version they can have my money.

maaoouud said:
Just refuse to spend money on movies that requires HDCP.
How on earth is this the least bit helpful?

Me refusing won't make HDCP go away, and movie companies won't be going bankrupt because they missed my purchase. Instead I'll just sit here movieless, gnashing my teeth over the injustices of the world.

I'd rather just hook up my player to a HDCP-compatible device and be done with it.

Because you will be conceding victory over to these money hungry corporations. If you don't try to stop it they'll just continue. DRM is unnecessary, costs us more money and allows too much freedom to content providers by reducing our rights as consumers.

Back