And now.....Peter Brock has died

Sobek

Locally Operating
Veteran
This probably only really strikes home to die-hard motor racing fans around the world, or Aussies (who no doubt allready know). Happened earlier today...

http://www.crash.net/news_view~t~Au...ock-dies-in-rally-crash-~cid~53~id~137003.htm

Two Australian legends in one week. What the hell is going on :cry:

Though I must say not a single bad word has been said about Brock, unlike Irwin who seems to have haters all over the place (shame on you). I wasn't a big fan of Brock personally (anyone who drives a holden for a living is down a LOT of notches in my book), but I understand what he meant to a lot of people, my dad especially.

This is one of the saddest weeks in a long, long time.

*edit*, Is there any chance a mod could add an additional 'R' to the end of 'Pete'? I accidentally misspelled that.

Now who or what is Holden?
Originally an Australian brand of car but has long been part of the GM car group. Some models were occasionally sold in Europe, I think under the Vauxhall label in the UK.

The Monaro made it to Top Gear's "cool cars".

or Aussies (who no doubt allready know). Happened earlier today.
Actually I only found out earlier this morning (UK time).

I remember watching films of the Bathurst 500, as it was then back in the early 70s, (probably long before it was regularly broadcast on TV) and watching the likes of Brock and Moffatt. Now that was racing... far more entertaining than boring F1 or that slot car stuff they have in the US. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Aussie touring cars is probably my favourite motorsport. 35 Years on the Mountain is standard viewing for any TC fan. Standard.

He'll be missed, and (for me at least), so will his Daytona. Awesome awesome car.

Back