Amazing New Project Offset Screens - Lighting >>>>> everything else

all the stuff they've done so far has been on the PC and as far as im aware its a very small crew who didnt even have a publisher for this game with no name until about a year ago. Point being theres a long way to go yet to even see if the game even gets completed, let alone ported over to the PS3, Xbox360 shouldnt be as difficult. Thats if they can find the time to port a finished product over at all before the graphics begin to look bland.

If they could keep the quality of earlier promotional videos it's cool, but the new pics look digression to me.

I agree with one, the pics are a step down from the earlier tech demos, mostly in polygonal detail and texture quality.

Some weird stuff going on with the lighting but it still gives a great end result relative to what else is out there.

Examples: look at the convergence of the shadows from two columns... the light source would have to be just a matter of feet away from them. And the stone "ridge" along the sidewalk/whatever is dark on the back side but doesn't seem to cast a shadow. Weird for what seems like a good unified lighting model. Must not be... just good workarounds.

Doesn't look as good as before and not as good as I was expecting from seeing the sensationalist topic title.

Still looks nice, though.

Looks nice. They must be using a pretty high res set of textures for that alligator creature.

Oh hey, it's the hooded Templar guy from DE2: IW who's also more recently cameo'd in Assassin's Creed! :p

the lighting is superb in those 2 shots, the HDR seems very soft and makes the distant environment look natural. but the close up environment lacks sucha softness especially the jaggies and low res texturing on the characters, the floor and the wood. somehow the creature shot has some very high res textures and nicely lit by the light. i didint think the texture or polygon LOD is so huge in this game if thats what's doin it.either way, the thread title definetly IS NOT true

Back