AGP raiser card

I am a moron.
I recently bought a 9600XT and while my pc does have an AGP slot, it is a desktop and well the card just doesnt fit. It is wider than the Pc is tall. Now if I put it sideways it would fit. Unfortunately this would require a AGP raiser card (if they even exist). If anyone knows anything about these devices could they please please please please tell me where to find them.

Cheers

Try anybody who manufactures small-form-factor PCs, like Shuttle. I believe they need AGP riser cards to fit video cards in them.

shuttle's sff line can fit an agp card with no problems as long as it doesnt take up 2 slots

agp riser cards do exist, and i believe you can get them at fry's

Fry's is an electronics superstore with presence in many western United States.

Consider Google
http://www.google.com/search?as_q=&num=30&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&newwindow=1&btnG=Google+Search&as_epq=agp+riser&as_oq=&as_eq=&lr=lang_en&as_ft=i&as_filetype=&as_qdr=all&as_nlo=&as_nhi=&as_occt=any&as_dt=i&as_sitesearch=&safe=off[/url]

there is a company that sells things like this. i cannot remember the name off the top of my head but, next time I'm home (this weekend) I can find the part I got from them and see. I actually baught a part that simply raised the AGP card up about half an inch because I had 4 hs/f's on my Voo5oo5 5500 (two on top, two on bottom) as well as one on my northbridge and the second on on the backside was hitting the northbridge and wouldnt let me plug it in. I spent a good 6 months on the project... ironically I apparently killed the poor V5 when I took the original hs/f's off in the very beginning :cry: (i do have a replacement now but its sits safely in the box it came in :p )

Back