A sense of humor is a sign of sanity

demalion

Veteran
Just thought I'd share this video (alternate) that www.nvnews.net is saying is from nVidia. If it really is from nVidia (easily verifiable with photographs of the people identified, which I'd check except nVidia's website isn't working for me), it does seem their PR is still capable of other than outright deceit (a good thing, IMO), and even of honest self-critical effort. Though, perhaps this is old, and I just missed it until now.

EDIT: my "auto-completion" had a typo...just checked and it does appear to be Dan Vivoli with his faced shaved who makes an appearance, and the scene settings do seem reminiscent of the pre-launch videos.

EDIT2: updated with alternate (mentioned by mat) as a courtesy.

Assuming those are the actual pepole...that is pretty damn funny. :) The last line "Naaaaaaah! Ship it!" is just classic.

Perhaps this is a prelude to next week's video:

"Aggressive" Clipping: It's not a cheat, it's a feature!"
:D

Yes, I did find it particularly humorous. It indicates that there is some healthiness (IMO) buried somewhere in nVidia, and we just need that have that manifested in the places where the company is lacking that right now. Is it a sign of the "ego" deflating, or just an isolated anomaly? I guess the reaction to "ClipFX" or "RailGate" will give us one clue in that regard, hopefully by being a step in the opposite direction of what is apparent in the issue itself.

i got the impressing that they were making fun of people making fun of them actually. the whole fastest card on the planet then and joking about why the cooler is so loud made it seem to me as if they considered the whole situation vidicated.

kyleb said:
i got the impressing that they were making fun of people making fun of them actually. the whole fastest card on the planet then and joking about why the cooler is so loud made it seem to me as if they considered the whole situation vidicated.
I didn't get that impression at all. Looked like PR stunt to get some sort of credibility back and show the human face of the company.

It is by NVIDIA, and those are real NVIDIA employees. They showed it at the NVIDIA launch party last Wednesday. Brian Burke sent me the video today too, but I didn't host it as it would be a bandwidth hog, and I think MikeC is getting a headache for hosting it on NVNews just for that reason. :oops:

The highlight for me was the alternate name for the Flow FX on whitebaord behind them -

Mega Lewinski

Now that is quite catchy!!!

demalion said:
If it really is from nVidia (easily verifiable with photographs of the people identified, which I'd check except nVidia's website isn't working for me), it does seem their PR is still capable of other than outright deceit (a good thing, IMO), and even of honest self-critical effort.

demalion said:
It indicates that there is some healthiness (IMO) buried somewhere in nVidia, and we just need that have that manifested in the places where the company is lacking that right now.

Heh, you make it sound as if you thought nVidia was being run in a volcano buried in hell with all the employees wearing hooded robes, incapable of humor. :) I got somewhat the same impression as kyleb. nVidia is run by normal people, too, believe it or not. Somehow, I doubt the employees of ATI or nVidia argue 24/7 about benchmarks like us idiots do here. Maybe it's the enthusiasts who are, eh... overly passionate and take things so seriously that need to have humor manifested in places where its lacking and this is their way of mocking the folks arguing in the forums. ;)

Actually, I'm talking about nVidia's actions with regard to the public, as I'm quite sure I wasn't thinking that everyone at nVidia spent their lives being deceitful. Hence why I mentioned "their PR" and "buried somewhere in nVidia" and "manifested in the places where the company is lacking that right now." Your quotes of my text and apparent comments in relation don't really seem to make sense in that light.

You are free to evaluate your own conduct in forums as you describe, if you wish, but when bringing other people, and what you believe they are thinking, into it, please be more careful. Thanks in advance. :p <-A genuine indication of humor, your comments did not deeply offend me.

Slides said:
kyleb said:
I didn't get that impression at all. Looked like PR stunt to get some sort of credibility back and show the human face of the company.

My thoughts exactly.

Back