Veteran
win xp sp2
Opteron 175
SATAII disk
Pioneer dvr-110d
asus a8n-e (nForce 4)
foobar
alcohol 120%

I have this image mounted using alcohol.
I'm burning a DVD.

Can't use foobar to play that disc image (in APE format, neil young).
CPU usage average 5%

Mine is supposed to be a high end system. wtf. latest drivers, blah blah blah...

long way to go for personal computers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you burning the image from the same harddrive ?
I think playing a mounted dvd at the same time as burning an image from the same hd should be fine IF and only if you start the dvd you want to play before you start the burning and don't fast forward or rewind it (which will generally wreak havoc on any mounted dvd image). If you are using the same hd for both images then dual core smoothness wont really matter as the drive will be the limiting factor (imho), I don't know how good the SATA controllers are either - as in how well they handle heavy loads on many drives at the same time.

Oh and please don't tell me you're trying to burn from the same image you are playing from.

Oh and please don't tell me it's a game image you are trying to play from (with probably massive random disc access).

maaoouud said:
Oh and please don't tell me you're trying to burn from the same image you are playing from.

Oh and please don't tell me it's a game image you are trying to play from (with probably massive random disc access).

He is or rather he was playing the same image he was burning from and it's an ape-file, thus music.

I was burning an ISO file to a dvd (which wasn't mounted).
Then I was trying to play an APE file which was mounted using Alcohol.

I forgot to mention that I was using Alcohol to burn... :(

But still....

Back