A deal for londoners

epicstruggle

Passenger on Serenity
Veteran
http://www.fatwallet.com/t/18/515404/

[font=Verdana,Arial]New UK ISP BE offering an amazing deal to promote their broadband service. For qualifying BT numbers in the London area. Free 24mbps ADSL2 connection until the end of September, £20/month from then on! Thomson SpeedTouch 716g wireless router, retails at £115, free.

Check your number!(fixed)
[/font]

seems like a great deal to me. Hope someone can take advantage of it.

epic

From their website...
"We are currently expecting to enable your exchange in Feb-2006 . "
I'm glad I'm happy with my standard ADSL :)

Be static IP is an optional extra which costs £4 per month
Hmm. My current ISP gives me a static IP for free.

The problem you find is that you have to be fairly close to an unbundled exchage to get these kind of speeds on creaky old BT lines. New ISPs have come in offering high speeds and been totally swamped as their infrastructure can't handle it. Just look at the complaints racking up against Bulldog, and they've only been supplying major London areas.

However, the competition has been good as the cable companies are doing another round of free speed upgrades. My ISP (Blueyonder) is now moving it's default packages to be 2meg, 4 meg, and 10 meg download speeds, no price increase and no caps. I had 10 meg for a couple of days while they did some capacity testing, and that was just mad. :cool:

epicstruggle said:
http://www.fatwallet.com/t/18/515404/

seems like a great deal to me. Hope someone can take advantage of it.

epic

OMG!!! :jawdrop:

I wish I lived in London - sigh -

However on the positive note, I am just about to get 8 meg ADSL connection for 30£ from Uk online and I just hope I get close to that limit... and on an even more positive note - I am saying goodbye to NTHELL (also known as NTL) cable which is almost 40£ for 3 meg and an added new download cap!!! of 30 gig per month (which was not there until recently)... and beside the point that they took 2 months and so far 9 calls to get the damn telephone line installed and which is still not here. The worst service in the world?
Sure hard to beat that, even Yugo commies were not that bad way back in the inefficient commie days.

Back