84 wildfires burning in Fla!!!

Eighty-four wildfires were still burning in the state Thursday morning on more than 36,800 acres, according to the state Division of Forestry. The fires along I-95 south of Daytona Beach have burned at least three homes and been blamed for dozens of accidents, including four car wreck deaths.

84?! isn't this more likely arson? 84 separate fires in one state? at one time?

sounds fishy to me.

In some places there are naturally quite a lot of forrest fires. If humans arbitrarily decide that all forrest fires are bad and prevent any from happening a lot of dead plant junk may build up that will go up like a tinder box if there's a fire that goes out of control.

yeah but 84 separate ones at once? they haven't mentioned causes that i've heard, but they call them 'wildfires' does that mean nature started them? or that they occurred in the wilderness?

Since my parents live fairly close to where the fires are, I can comment.

The state of the brush is like a lot of places in the US. Dangerous and overgrown. One of the downsides of modern firefighting is that these sorts of things grow unnaturally out of balance and invariably end up being far worse than they should be.

Its fairly dirty and it was just a disaster waiting to happen.

Back