Will Computex being cancelled affect NV35's launch?

g__day

Regular
From warp2search I read that:

Today the organizers of Computex Taipei '03 have postponed the asian IT trade show until the last half of 2003. The exact new dates for Computex Taipei '03 are expected to be announced by the end of May.
The China External Trade Development Council (CETRA) and the Taipei Computer Association (TCA) jointly decided to postpone Asia’s largest IT event after a detailed review of all factors, including fears that increased travel restrictions would negatively influence buyers turn out.

CETRA and Taiwan health authorities have implemented a full program of strict measures to prevent SARS, even though Taiwan is not on the WHO list of areas with negative travel advisories

http://www.computex.biz/computex2003/show_Special.asp?id=393

Is this likely to affect NV35s launch date?

Unless Computex and E3 are being merged, then it shouldn't be affected at all. NV35 is going to be announced at E3 in the middle of May.

Heh-Heh...;) Wouldn't concern myself too much with the "launch" of future nVidia products as it will be when you can buy them that will count.

If they announce nv35 in May and take 1/2 the time between launch and shipping nv30 took, you can probably buy it about August...;)

WaltC said:
Heh-Heh...;) Wouldn't concern myself too much with the "launch" of future nVidia products as it will be when you can buy them that will count.

If they announce nv35 in May and take 1/2 the time between launch and shipping nv30 took, you can probably buy it about August...;)

Err, no. The board vendors will recieve NV35s in early June. So I'd be VERY surprised if it wasn't available in late June. Might even be earlier, but that'd be kinda too utopic.

Uttar

Uttar said:
Err, no. The board vendors will recieve NV35s in early June. So I'd be VERY surprised if it wasn't available in late June. Might even be earlier, but that'd be kinda too utopic.

Uttar

I love all of this crystal-ball certainty people develop ahead of product announcements by OEMs and even ahead of manufacturer announcements. OK, sure, anything you say...;)

touche

WaltC said:
Uttar said:

Uttar

I love all of this crystal-ball certainty people develop ahead of product announcements by OEMs and even ahead of manufacturer announcements. OK, sure, anything you say...;)
And you don't look into the crystal-ball. ;)

Nvidia still makes graphics cards? I thought they were planning on challenging Boeing in the jet engine market????? :oops:

Back