Onboard mic. How to stop it

Dresden

Celebrating Mediocrity
Veteran
After my computer was returned from a technician after having work done, which required a reformat, everything appeared normal. Until I logged onto teamspeak while playing WoW. The following whispers telling me to turn my mic down boggled me. I don't own a mic. It then became apparent that my technician must have installed drivers for an onboard mic. Now everytime I log into teamspeak, I have to immediately mute my mic, otherwise it's recording nonstop my every move. How do I disable this?

Thanks-

Norton

Can't you just uninstall the device inside Device Manager? Or would muting the microphone in the volume panel work? Muting it there should stick forever until unmuted.

Sound advice you two. I'll check it out when I get to my computer. The again I can always come to this forum under the notion of getting results.

Thank you.

Find the mic and cut at least one of the wires going to it.
Of course if it's a stereo mic (highly unlikely) you need to cut two just in case the one isn't common.
:)

Find the mic and cut at least one of the wires going to it.
Of course if it's a stereo mic (highly unlikely) you need to cut two just in case the one isn't common.
:)

Roger that. None shall remain standing after my onslaught ;)

Also, if you don't want to uninstall any drivers...

You can cofigure your TeamSpeak preferences for "Push to Talk" instead of "Always On" for the mic settings. Just set the "talk" key to something you more than likely won't be using during gameplay.

Back