Texas sues Sony

http://www.beyond3d.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25151

whole story ;)

not that i dont like more of these topics :)

Some 4.7 million had been made and 2.1 million sold. CDs that had XCP included releases by Van Zant, The Bad Plus, Neil Diamond and Celine Dion.

The Texas spyware law allows the state to recover damages of up to $100,000 in damages for each violation. Abbott said there were thousands of violations, and that any money would go to the state.

wait till ambulance chasers get hold of this.... 100k per violation.....

without them infringing LAME and other copyrights......:devilish:

this will be in mainstream media for long.... and it will hurt Sony maybe more then lawsuits themselves.... bad image is hard to erase and unlike M$ Sony has more then enough competitors in every field they are playing.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm just hoping.... hoping that Sony don't find too many loopholes and back doors in the system to avoid paying what they should.

The LAME GPL thing is what I find needs more coverage i nmainstream media, it's a slap to the face of the sharing of free information on the internet, especially since Sony's little monster is supposed to protect copyright.

cloudscapes said:
I'm just hoping.... hoping that Sony don't find too many loopholes and back doors in the system to avoid paying what they should.

The LAME GPL thing is what I find needs more coverage i nmainstream media, it's a slap to the face of the sharing of free information on the internet, especially since Sony's little monster is supposed to protect copyright.

read th other topic.... i wish LAME authors get what RIAA wants from those that "infringe copyright"....

everythng else is there ;)

Hope Sony gets analprobed with a really big stick over this one, their insane DRM rampage has gone quite far enough by now. Maybe it makes them and others chill out a bit in the future.

I always hate it when companies treat their own paying customers like they were thieves - or worse. HEY IDIOTS, I'm not the one ripping off your shit, I actually paid for this! Stop screwing around with me you bastards!

...Motherfunkers...

Sweet! :D I was hopeing someone would take Sony to court. It's wrong on so many levels when the legit consumer is the one that gets bent over :devilish:. With the rate that DRM is taking off, and all the crap that is being put in place, I sincerely hope this puts a damper on things. Here's hoping other states/countries follow suit and make an example out of them.

Back