Balatro [PS, XB, PC, NX] - a Roguelike deck builder game

Cyan

orange
Legend
Supporter
Another unexpected hit. 500000 copies sold in 10 days. It's also getting goty-worthy review scores.

Last edited:

I know a little of poker, not much tbh. My father had poker cards but I barely played them.

Endless_Possibility.gif

Jokers_Clean_Thin.gif

Balatro_5_Aces_GIF__HQ_.gif

Find_Your_Flow.gif

Last edited:
Basic rules, from what I read, as I understand them.

It's a poker game where there is a target in points that must be achieved.
Points are earned by making winning hands on the drawn random cards.

For example: pair of 5, points, trio of 5, more points. When the target points are achieved, you move to the next level with more target points to achieve.
OK. So far, easy to explain.
But the game goes much further.

To begin with, we have a limit of hands to play.
We must reach the target points by playing 4 hands. If we don't reach the points in 4 hands, it's over.
We can also discard cards so that new cards appear that may interest us more to make winning hands. Discards are also limited to 4.

And now the big part of the game, the craziness. The enhancers, the tarots, jokers, wild cards....

As you advance, the goal in points increases so much that it is impossible to reach it with winning hands (no matter how good they are, it is unattainable)
And that's where the power-ups come into play.

Between rounds, they give us the chance to buy special cards that boost our winning hands.
For example, point multiplier if we make hands with hearts, with pairs, double pairs, etc...

Therefore, it is essential that between round and round, we strengthen our deck of "multipliers" to get more and more points with our hands.

The amount of "wild" cards or point "boosters" is crazy.

They say it is so engaging, it can become the doom bringer of your social life.

Last edited:
Cyan, could I ask that you keep your thread subjects more concise? Most of what you type in the subjects is post content. For this particular thread, perhaps simply

Balatro (PS/PC/NS/Xbox) - A roguelike poker game​

Cyan, could I ask that you keep your thread subjects more concise? Most of what you type in the subjects is post content. For this particular thread, perhaps simply

Balatro (PS/PC/NS/Xbox) - A roguelike poker game​

Done. Sounds reasonable.

Back