Sackboy: A Big Adventure [PS4, PS5, PC]

The Steam page is up.

Fd1OTYPakAEYMWM

I wish they would get rid of the "P" eg: 1080P as if anyone in P.C space is going to run a game in interlaced mode

What does the PS5 run this game at?

EDIT: just checked DF and those specs don't look great at all.

PS4: 720 60fps
PS4P: 1080p 60fps
PS5: "75% of 4k" 60fps - not sure what 75% of 4k means though. Total pixels (>1800p) or each axis (1620p)?

That's horrendous scaling on the PC. Hopefully just poor matching of specs. I can't see why an UE4 game wouldn't scale well.

Last edited:

PS5: "75% of 4k" 60fps - not sure what 75% of 4k means though. Total pixels (>1800p) or each axis (1620p)?

That's horrendous scaling on the PC. Hopefully just poor matching of specs. I can't see why an UE4 game wouldn't scale well.

720p on the PS4, never wouldve thought that but ive only watched DF's coverage on the game. If it cant run 4k on PS5 that explains the higher recommended specs?

The PC version has ray tracing.

I wish they would get rid of the "P" eg: 1080P as if anyone in P.C space is going to run a game in interlaced mode
Maybe its for people who have their PC hooked up to a CRT for that genuine experience when playing retro games? :runaway:

The PC version has ray tracing.

If it does then I don't think they are turning it on in that requirements grid as the 2070 is listed alongside a 5700XT. It also wouldn't explain the relatively high requirements for the lower presets. The R7 265 is more or less the PS4 GPU yet it's listed as a 30fps target there vs the PS4's 60fps. That said, it's very old so expecting it to perform up to it's full potential these days is unrealistic. I'm actually quite impressed they're officially supporting that far back, even the venerable GTX 660 is there!

If it does then I don't think they are turning it on in that requirements grid as the 2070 is listed alongside a 5700XT. It also wouldn't explain the relatively high requirements for the lower presets. The R7 265 is more or less the PS4 GPU yet it's listed as a 30fps target there vs the PS4's 60fps. That said, it's very old so expecting it to perform up to it's full potential these days is unrealistic. I'm actually quite impressed they're officially supporting that far back, even the venerable GTX 660 is there!

Just that gpu (265) performs like the ps4 if not better in cp2077 and doom. Ports can be like that.

They have always referred to each-axis before, so who knows - it would seem odd to use % of screen area especially considering how pixel counting works. From my experience with it on the PS5 it's a particularly soft-looking game, so I could certainly see ~1620p. Note there's also dynamic res.

Well depends on the actual res - again it's 1620p, that's just a hair higher than 1440p - so performing just a bit better than a 2070 isn't really that out of line. It's the chart showing it requires a 1060 for 30fps that is far more surprising. Like Uncharted The Lost Legacy's spec chart, the lower-end specs are more egregiously out of whack.

Bear in mind the PS4 version is also missing effects and geometry entirely from the PS5 version, such as levels removing the cloth-grass and no screen space reflections at all, so who knows if even 'medium' on the PC equates to that.

They have always referred to each-axis before, so who knows - it would seem odd to use % of screen area especially considering how pixel counting works. From my experience with it on the PS5 it's a particularly soft-looking game, so I could certainly see ~1620p. Note there's also dynamic res.

Well depends on the actual res - again it's 1620p, that's just a hair higher than 1440p - so performing just a bit better than a 2070 isn't really that out of line. It's the chart showing it requires a 1060 for 30fps that is far more surprising. Like Uncharted The Lost Legacy's spec chart, the lower-end specs are more egregiously out of whack.

Bear in mind the PS4 version is also missing effects and geometry entirely from the PS5 version, such as levels removing the cloth-grass and no screen space reflections at all, so who knows if even 'medium' on the PC equates to that.
Ps5 needs a vrr mode in this game

Back