According to the below report of metacritic user results, Ghost of Tsushima is the most successful PS4 game of the generation as rated by users and the amount of users.

https://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/ghost-of-tsushima/user-reviews

User Score 9.3
Universal acclaim based on 15396 Ratings

https://www.forbes.com/sites/paulta...-highest-rated-game-of-the-entire-generation/

They managed the impossible: making the Ubisoft open world formulae not boring, but actually fun engaging and actually working. How...I have no clue...blood magic, if I had to guess.

They managed the impossible: making the Ubisoft open world formulae not boring, but actually fun engaging and actually working. How...I have no clue...blood magic, if I had to guess.
I've still only sunk about ten hours into this game but this is how I feel about it. I know some folk like all the collectible stuff in Ubisoft games but I just end them distracting. The ideal solution would be for more to disable all the collective stuff, prompts, icons on the map etc so I can focus on the main game.

Is that the MultiPlayer mode addon or a single-player addon? The disclaimer at the end says "Internet connection and PlayStation Plus required for Legends Mode." but that could simply apply in order to be able to download it. I'm thinking it's a MultiPlayer Mode.

I picked this up last week. It's a very good so far, it really reminds me of Witcher 3. I'm really enjoying it so far, but I have a little apprehension about it going forward.

I'm still on the lower island (starting area) and doing all the side quests before I proceed with the story. However, I'm not sure I'll be able to do this for the rest of the game, I hope the later areas vary things up a little. It feels like I've already been doing this loop over and over: ride horse, pick flower or tree as it rushes by, kill some Mongols, run quickly through a camp spamming buttons to pick something that's glowing ("supplies"), repeat.

It feels like it's time for someone to rethink RPG's with this crafting mechanic. Do I really need to run into every empty building I come across only to find "2x Supplies" in some corner? At least so far, the reward for exploration is non-existent. It's just meaningless stuff that I trade in. Witcher 3 had the same problem as well.

Thankfully, I like the combat.

OMG that sounds super awesome...even a raid at a later time.

I am in awe...can’t wait.

What a great surprise!

I wonder if the legends are the warriors we got the mystic armor from in story mode? This would be really naisuu!

It feels like it's time for someone to rethink RPG's with this crafting mechanic. Do I really need to run into every empty building I come across only to find "2x Supplies" in some corner? At least so far, the reward for exploration is non-existent. It's just meaningless stuff that I trade in. Witcher 3 had the same problem as well.

Well, what is a better alternative reward for exploration? Huge floating coins? 1ups? Nothing at all? One can always ignore the collectibles in the game when they don't feel like scavenging. These things are about giving you options, not duties. You say you chose to to religiously complete every single available sidequest before advancing, but that is a boring way to play. Well, don't play like that then. You ruined the game for yourself and are blaming the design for giving you that choice. I'm not saying this to be mean, but as a fellow game player that has fallen on the same pitfalls multiple times. Just don't allow the gaming OCD to take over. It can turn any game into a chore. Channel in your inner casual. Chose your missions and activities selfsishly and clumsily based only on "I feel like doing this right now". That's the best way to play this sort of game.

Well, what is a better alternative reward for exploration?

I wouldn't call the current mechanism a reward at all. The problem is that all those "collectibles" are tied to equipment progression. There isn't another good way for upgrading your weapons and armor. The rewards from combat encounters are insufficient.

encouters, mongol camps, and freeing locations (like farms) and main/side missions are enough to unlock all these, but you are still on the first island though, that's why.

1.1 is with legends? When is it available??? I need legends

//edit october 16, wohooo

Last edited:
I’m kinda scared of buying this now, as we have zero guarantees from Sony that they won’t push to release a ‘ps5 remaster’ which would not work with my save file. Not happy.

I’m kinda scared of buying this now, as we have zero guarantees from Sony that they won’t push to release a ‘ps5 remaster’ which would not work with my save file. Not happy.
Didn't they say that all games after a certain date would have to be PS5 compatible? I believe GoT was released after the date.

Back