According to the reviews the game almost encourages you to use Samurai mode over stealth, subtle hint to strive for honor? Great scores so far tho, mid 80s is an absolute win for a new ip. Playing this on a good HDR set would be a treat on itse own.

If you guys dont want to waste time reading a bunch of reviews this page sums up the game in a nutshell.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fo...shima-reviews-are-here-and-they-are-good/amp/

Basically an 85 game with some of the best graphics technically speaking this generation and with the the best photo mode for your graphic whores out there.

Gameplay mechanic ranges from good to great. Some say it has some of the best combat while other thinks it borrowed a little to much from other open world games.

Now I'm not sure if I should pick this up or Sekiro: SDT. Both are $60.00 and have similar review scores. so I cant bother to pick both up.

Just saw the Yong Yea review. Seems to me that the combat system is rewarding, but no fun at all for my taste. It look like it's very timing dependant. And with a looot of unlockable techniques.
I'm kind a basic, and only a quick attack and strong attack with 2-3 special thing would do for me. Anything more complex than witcher 3 or god of war (ps4) kind of bore me :/

What would make it be better? Is it gameplay? Is it story narrative?

I think it's because it's not really doing anything new gameplay-wise. It's another third person action adventure with a mix of overt combat and stealth. Assassin's Creed Odyssey on PS4 has a Metacritic of 83%.

I think it's because it's not really doing anything new gameplay-wise. It's another third person action adventure with a mix of overt combat and stealth. Assassin's Creed Odyssey on PS4 has a Metacritic of 83%.
But why does it have to do something new, gameplay-wise? I don't see that as a gameplay issue, per se. To me, gameplay issues that justify a lower score are bad/repetitive-until-boring mechanics, etc., but even if a game follows an old formula but it manages to be fun, what's the problem?

But why does it have to do something new, gameplay-wise? I don't see that as a gameplay issue, per se. To me, gameplay issues that justify a lower score are bad/repetitive-until-boring mechanics, etc., but even if a game follows an old formula but it manages to be fun, what's the problem?

[sarcasm]Problem is not being published by Nintendo [/sarcasm]

It's the third western game to get a perfect score in Famitsu. Wonder if the editor is making a cameo appearance :D

Back