Where's the FAQ?

Shifty Geezer

uber-Troll!
Legend
I can't see it stickied to any forum. Where's our fabulously well-written Holy Tome (for when I want to hit posters over the head with it?)

No, the detailed FAQ written mostly by 'Vysez' that broke down the do's and don't's, including writing style and use of meme-type animated gifs.

No, the detailed FAQ written mostly by 'Vysez' that broke down the do's and don't's, including writing style and use of meme-type animated gifs.

If you're talking about the one that hasn't been updated in a decade, it was most likely unpinned as having nearly a dozen or more pinned threads leads to all of them being ignored and none of them looked at.

Feel free to take a stab at creating an up to date FAQ.

It can then be posted in Forum Feedback so it's not copied everywhere and doesn't become a hassle to keep up to date in dozens of places.

Found it here.

Doesn't appear to be listed. How do people feel about its relevance?

What brought me here is 3 animated GIFs the last couple of days. I deleted the first from a new poster stating GIFs weren't appropriate here and they should have noticed. Deleted a second from a longer lived poster as despite funny, we need to stay consistent. Then a third popped up.

FAQ was clear - B3Ds is all about the words and not the animated GIFs. These are for GAF/ResetEra etc.

Well, AFAICS there's no public guidance on posting style now and no reason for posters to think otherwise other than common sense reading of the style where they are posting. Do we just adhere to the traditional values from 2005 (2007 update) or are changes warranted?

Let's be honest; no-one is going to read that FAQ these days as it's over 100 words. Probably 75% of visitors of this post bounced off the first 2 lines.

Back