What are you playing now? [2023]

I'm slowly making my way though CP2077 and recently played the level where you have to help the Osaka guy get aboard the float during the parade.... Holy sh1t! The graphics on display there are absolutely phenomenal. Easily far and away the best I've ever seen first hand. It reminded me a bit of the opening parade level of Rifts Apart which is also beautiful, but this is on an entirely different level. It did tank my 4070Ti into the 20's with FG at one point but damn it was worth it!

You should check out the mods that increase the path tracing performance.

You should check out the mods that increase the path tracing performance.

It's fine usually. Generally averaging in the 70's or 80's and hardly dropping below 60. It was just this one scene that killed things, but it was only walking scene through a crowd so no big deal.

Tears of the Kingdom finally done after 260 hours. Most I've ever played any game for a single playthrough(Skyrim at 250 hours, and Xenoblade 3 at 230 hours) which is crazy for something without any DLC. I did use fairly limited fast travel til the last 60 hours or so though, which padded length, but I also did tons of just wandering on foot in Skyrim, too.

It's a phenomenal game. So much more to do than in BOTW, and I'm glad it had been more than five years since playing it or else the reused surface map might have soured me more. It's still unfortunately a bit too familiar at times, but not a deal breaker. My other larger gripe is that lack of any more substantial 'Trials/Eventide Island' challenge where all your equipment is taken away. That was one of my favorite parts of BOTW and this game only has shrines with mini trials in this style instead, which were fun, but not the same as a more lengthy, endurance trial. I also really wish the game offered some kind of Hard Mode, cuz the game becomes very easy to exploit and cheese with all the options at your disposal. I limited myself to just 10 hearts max for the whole game(6+one for each of the four sage quests) and just 8 weapon slots, but still found it a bit on the easy side by the end.

Yet overall, it's astounding how much there is to do, and equally astounding how well everything works with all the new mechanics. I've generally never played any game of this scale with so much polish. Wizards.

I've sold the QD-OLED ultra-wide as I could handle it for every day use so I've bought a cheap 27 inch 4k monitor to make do with while I decide what I'm going to do monitor wise.

So been playing with some games tonight using the filters in the new Nvidia drivers and having some awesome results.

I've removed that yellow piss filter from Horizon and difference is huge, so I decided to play around with A Plagues Tale Requiem, changed the tint, reduced saturation, added some sharpening and what you see below in the off screen shot is what I got.

IMG20240408221806.jpg

Even on my cold-calibrated monitor, that looks way, way too red. Given the blown out sky, I'm guess your camera is not representing this well. Taking indoor pictures of screens is rarely ideal.

Also Horizon doesn't have a 'piss filter' at all. It will have a very warm tint at times, but it's not yellow, and the danger of trying to mess with this is that the game shifts tints drastically depending on location and time of day from warm orange, to purple, to green, to desaturated/greyish, to sepia and also blue. It is all very specifically stylized throughout and if you're trying to 'fix' one of these, you're going to mess up all the rest. Can be fun for screenshotting, but I'd be weary playing the whole game like that.

There are reshades to remove Horizons
Even on my cold-calibrated monitor, that looks way, way too red. Given the blown out sky, I'm guess your camera is not representing this well. Taking indoor pictures of screens is rarely ideal.

Yes my phone isn't doing it justice to be honest.

Also Horizon doesn't have a 'piss filter' at all. It will have a very warm tint at times, but it's not yellow, and the danger of trying to mess with this is that the game shifts tints drastically depending on location and time of day from warm orange, to purple, to green, to desaturated/greyish, to sepia and also blue. It is all very specifically stylized throughout and if you're trying to 'fix' one of these, you're going to mess up all the rest.

There seems to be a obvious yellow tint to everything, regardless of were you are in the game.

I've played through nearly the full game with the colours altered and not found a single area that (to my eyes at least) didn't look better than the original colour grading.

There are reshades to remove Horizons

Yes my phone isn't doing it justice to be honest.

There seems to be a obvious yellow tint to everything, regardless of were you are in the game.

I've played through nearly the full game with the colours altered and not found a single area that (to my eyes at least) didn't look better than the original colour grading.
Well you wouldn't know what the original color grading should look like if you played through the whole game with it adjusted. That's kind of my point. You cant just universally adjust one tint when the game drastically changes tints regularly based on location and time of day, and have everything look better cuz you're affecting all of them.

And no, there's no yellow filter man. The closest you could even argue is the times where there's a very warm, saturated orange tint(and if your piss looks like that, you should go to a doctor!), but again, the game is changing the overall tinting wholesale over different locations and times, so there's absolutely no one overriding tint at all, much less a yellow one. Yellow is probably one of the few ranges of tints the game does not touch on.

I was even double checking my own screenshots(almost all untouched by any filtering) just to ensure I'm not crazy and yea, the most 'yellow' the game really gets is if you've got the sun in shot and it has one of the game's characteristically exaggerated lens flares coming from it. But no yellow tint for overall image at all anywhere. I'm completely at a loss as to what you think you're seeing...

Well you wouldn't know what the original color grading should look like if you played through the whole game with it adjusted. That's kind of my point. You cant just universally adjust one tint when the game drastically changes tints regularly based on location and time of day, and have everything look better cuz you're affecting all of them.

I've flicked between no filter and filter, so know very well what the game looks like standard.

And to my eyes it looks much better with the slight adjustments I have made.

And no, there's no yellow filter man.

We'll agree to disagree here as for some reason the screenshots aren't capturing the changes I've made.

Army of Ruin, a game very similar to Vampire Survivors, with nice music and 3D graphics.

I'm mostly playing on Switch and I'm still not done with Hades, Tears of the Kingdom, Unsighted, Ori and the blind forest, and probably a couple other games ^^
TotK is like an improved BotW to me, a number of difficult things (like finding memories) have been made easier. I only dislike scrolling through a lot of my inventory to replace my bomb flowers with light flowers or lighting fruits... (And I miss them from time to time in combat. Or is there a sort mode when you press the arrow in combat to switch attachment ?)

I'm mostly playing on Switch and I'm still not done with Hades, Tears of the Kingdom, Unsighted, Ori and the blind forest, and probably a couple other games ^^
TotK is like an improved BotW to me, a number of difficult things (like finding memories) have been made easier. I only dislike scrolling through a lot of my inventory to replace my bomb flowers with light flowers or lighting fruits... (And I miss them from time to time in combat. Or is there a sort mode when you press the arrow in combat to switch attachment ?)
Yes, there is a sort button. Y, I think. So if you're just trying to throw an item, you hold up on the D-pad and then press Y to sort. Same with attaching arrows, you aim the bow, and then hold up on the D-pad and can sort from there. Switching to 'Most Used' is obviously gonna be the one you will use most for quickest access to bombs and lightblooms and whatnot. Muddlebuds are also insanely powerful for distracting enemies, and so are Puffshrooms for getting that massive 8x sneak attack bonus on tougher enemies with a lot of life. Basically all the stuff you get in the Depths is super useful, including the weapons up on the rock pedestals which are more powerful and much more durable than their normal counterparts.

I changed the lighting mod on CyberPunk 2077 this afternoon

4k DLSS Performance mode
DLSS Frame Generation on
Ultra settings
Path Tracing on

I genuinely can't see anything beating this game in terms of graphics for years to come (I could do with turning the sharpness down a little as it's on .075)

Without DLSS Frame Generation I'm 40-50fps if I use performance mode or 60fps locked with DLSS Quality + Frame Generation + using RTSS to cap frame rate....But it's extremely playable.

CP20222.jpg

CP20224.jpg

CP20223.jpg

CP20221.jpg

The pictures do not to it justice, you have it see it moving, the way the lighting interreacts with everything....it just looks 'right'

I changed the lighting mod on CyberPunk 2077 this afternoon

4k DLSS Performance mode
DLSS Frame Generation on
Ultra settings
Path Tracing on

I genuinely can't see anything beating this game in terms of graphics for years to come (I could do with turning the sharpness down a little as it's on .075)

Without DLSS Frame Generation I'm 40-50fps if I use performance mode or 60fps locked with DLSS Quality + Frame Generation + using RTSS to cap frame rate....But it's extremely playable.

View attachment 11163

View attachment 11165

View attachment 11164

View attachment 11162

The pictures do not to it justice, you have it see it moving, the way the lighting interreacts with everything....it just looks 'right'

Couldn't agree more. I'm in constant awe of how this game looks and literally was thinking the same thing to myself earlier this evening (how is something going to look better than this). Obviously there is room for improvement, particularly in geometry density (not that it's lacking in that respect), but at night, with PT, and HDR, combined with the overall art direction... it's fricken crazy.

What mod are you using?

Couldn't agree more. I'm in constant awe of how this game looks and literally was thinking the same thing to myself earlier this evening (how is something going to look better than this). Obviously there is room for improvement, particularly in geometry density (not that it's lacking in that respect), but at night, with PT, and HDR, combined with the overall art direction... it's fricken crazy.

What mod are you using?

If you're not using this mod you're missing out!!!

I use the 'Pure 2.2' and then the 'LUT ENV (PT)

I upgraded to GP Ultimate so I could get FFXIV for free. I'm about 22 hours in as a level 36 Arcanist. I'm really enjoying it so far, but the game feels like a pretty big commitment like any MMO.

I'm also on the last battle in a BG3 (12th level Wizard) game I've been playing with two buddies on a PC LAN most Friday nights, so that's going to end next Friday.

When I get the chance I try to get a little Persona 3 and Diablo IV play in and I still need to squeeze Tales of Arise into my rotation somehow. GP is a firehose of content this year.

Back