Sony PlayStation VR2 (PSVR2)

from reddit
madison-vr-delayed-for-dynamic-foveated-rendering-update-v0-absoa4xlv1rc1.png

I got a PSVR2 (with a good return policy). After 30 seconds of GT7 I feel like crap. Bought a slow convertable. I have a feeling I will be returning this sooner than later =/

I got a PSVR2 (with a good return policy). After 30 seconds of GT7 I feel like crap. Bought a slow convertable. I have a feeling I will be returning this sooner than later =/
Sad to hear tough you can adjust to vr, start with more static games like moss 1/2, tetris effect, beat saber. You can also try to use fan directed to your face.

I would not recommend trying to push through vr/motion sickness. Once you start feeling like that eject, pushing through could take it from feeling off for a couple of hours to taking you out until the next morning. Try something where your not moving like @snc said, like beat saber or one of those gun wave games where you just stand and turn and shoot things moving towards you.

PSVR and other VR doesn't come with any such guidance? Users have to be connected with a community to be informed how to grow into VR?

I wonder how many VR potentials bounce off from first experience and no support in acclimating?

PSVR and other VR doesn't come with any such guidance? Users have to be connected with a community to be informed how to grow into VR?

I wonder how many VR potentials bounce off from first experience and no support in acclimating?
I would say more than we would like to think. My sister got a quest 2 years back got messed up playing some game that moved her through the level and returned it before I even new she had got one. Months later after she was saying she can't do VR I persuaded her to try it again with a game using teleport locomotion and she seemed fine. She ended up getting a quest 2 again for beat saber which was her original plan and she was fine with it. Knows now what she needs to avoid to not get sick and she has branched out into a few other things with success. She still can't handle something like swarm though.

From my experience still large number, from what I saw kids has less problem with vr than adults. I couldnt play dynamic games on psvr1 but turns out it was becasuse of low resolution, Im fine with most games on psvr2 (only problem I have is smooth turning, need to use snap).

Sad to hear tough you can adjust to vr, start with more static games like moss 1/2, tetris effect, beat saber. You can also try to use fan directed to your face.

Yeah, I dont have any problem when my avatar (character, car or whatever) isnt moving in the game if Im not moving IRL. I tried a bit of RE4, at least I got to the basement door before having to stop. With GT7 I can play for 30 seconds.

I would not recommend trying to push through vr/motion sickness. Once you start feeling like that eject, pushing through could take it from feeling off for a couple of hours to taking you out until the next morning. Try something where your not moving like @snc said, like beat saber or one of those gun wave games where you just stand and turn and shoot things moving towards you.

Yeah, I know. With GT7 Ive been really nauseous in like 30 seconds. Teleportation and walking in real life game work without any problems.

How long would this take? I have a 3 month return policy.

Yeah, I know. With GT7 Ive been really nauseous in like 30 seconds. Teleportation and walking in real life game work without any problems.
I found leaning your body or tilting your head when going around corners helped a lot. Keeping your head still is the worst thing to do, too many conflicting signals reaching your brain.
I managed to play VR Wipeout very comfortably using this method.

I found leaning your body or tilting your head when going around corners helped a lot. Keeping your head still is the worst thing to do, too many conflicting signals reaching your brain.
I managed to play VR Wipeout very comfortably using this method.

Ok, thanks. I also read some people found it helpful to walk in place when they´re moving.

How long would this take? I have a 3 month return policy.
There's no guarantee you will be able increase your tolerance for it. I would say if your not noticing improvements after 1 month like being able to play for the offending games for a little bit longer maybe it's not going to happen. It's possible a full on sim rig with hydraulics which would move you around with the car could help for cockpit games but that's a rather extreme option.

Back