Resident Evil 4 - Remake [XBSX|S, PS4, PS5, PC]

How about you keep your trap shut, you shill?

I bet you never even played any of the games Capcom produced before 2004 because you're a casual gamer, a young pup, and a dumbass who likes these unscary, uninteresting, action packed games. Which is fine. But don't go hating on a real survival horror fan for laying out these hard facts.

There you go, fanboy. I had to bite because of your attack.

Damn, it appears the patch has messed up texture loading behavior on consoles. The PS5 is apparently similar to what it was before, but the Xbox textures take a very long time to load it.

PS5

XSX

That's just completely unacceptable. I tested the PC version out shortly after it released, and everything seems fine there.
I think it's the last of the problem. Now XSX has the same shitty degraded IQ of the PS5 and it boggles my mind how better reconstruction could cause such worst controls responsiviness. This engine is weird as hell but Japanese are not new to bizzarre pipeline performance.

They can patch it.

Anyway, manchildren need to stop hating on RE5, or even 6. All of the action games play the same.

Even Leon's campaign in 6 was praised, all because it's Leon. But I just think it is really hypocritical when people say RE5 sucks when 4 and 5 are the same. Now people are saying the original RE4 is too dated.

Imagine that. Betraying a game that was ported and glorified a hundred times. Now people hate it. Not everyone, surely. But that's hypocrisy.

Why hate 5 when 4 and 5 are identical action games? In fact, 5 has more to do with the past of RE than 4, which has a separate plot until like I said, you are re-introduced to Wesker, who took over Umbrella in a sense.

They can patch it.

Anyway, manchildren need to stop hating on RE5, or even 6. All of the action games play the same.

Even Leon's campaign in 6 was praised, all because it's Leon. But I just think it is really hypocritical when people say RE5 sucks when 4 and 5 are the same. Now people are saying the original RE4 is too dated.

Imagine that. Betraying a game that was ported and glorified a hundred times. Now people hate it. Not everyone, surely. But that's hypocrisy.

Why hate 5 when 4 and 5 are identical action games? In fact, 5 has more to do with the past of RE than 4, which has a separate plot until like I said, you are re-introduced to Wesker, who took over Umbrella in a sense.
Good luck with that. They never fixed their shitty SRR solution, I hardly seen them improve their interlaced mode in RE4R. It has such issue from awhile and probably the other reconstruction mode give too much input delay on console at least.

They can patch it.

This is a Resi 4 discussion though. Why bring the other ones out of the blue in such a manner?

This is a Resi 4 discussion though. Why bring the other ones out of the blue in such a manner?

I dunno probably similar reasons to Random Xbox game thread ... why are PlayStation games brought into them out of the blue? :p

Things happen. I've learned to mostly just ignore stuff like that, but don't always succeed. :p

Regards,
SB

I don't know why people even care that much about RE4. You must prefer it for the gameplay.

I'm not saying the game isn't great. But as someone who was with the franchise beginning with RE2, I feel like RE4 got way off course from what RE was supposed to be about. They don't even really reveal what happened to Umbrella beyond saying they went out of business. You have to play those two awful Chronicles rail shooters to find out that Chris and Jill invaded Umbrella's final stronghold in Russia, and that Wesker struck a deal with a guy in South America called Javier. But with all of this retconning going on with Capcom and their RE remakes, I don't even know what's canon anymore.

If Capcom doesn't care, why should we? You know? We gave them all of our money and attention for years, so we wanted them to do right by us.

I don't know why people even care that much about RE4. You must prefer it for the gameplay.

I'm not saying the game isn't great. But as someone who was with the franchise beginning with RE2, I feel like RE4 got way off course from what RE was supposed to be about. They don't even really reveal what happened to Umbrella beyond saying they went out of business. You have to play those two awful Chronicles rail shooters to find out that Chris and Jill invaded Umbrella's final stronghold in Russia, and that Wesker struck a deal with a guy in South America called Javier. But with all of this retconning going on with Capcom and their RE remakes, I don't even know what's canon anymore.

If Capcom doesn't care, why should we? You know? We gave them all of our money and attention for years, so we wanted them to do right by us.
I think you are overly obsessed with your RE nostalgia and since it is a reoccuring subject you bring up all the time people get bored

Damn, it appears the patch has messed up texture loading behavior on consoles. The PS5 is apparently similar to what it was before, but the Xbox textures take a very long time to load it.

PS5

XSX

That's just completely unacceptable. I tested the PC version out shortly after it released, and everything seems fine there.
Glad I didn’t like demo. I will get it when heavily discounted, maybe on Halloween they should manage to fix all the issues on XSX by then.

Because unlike some people, I'm a genuine fan who was invested in the storylines and characters. Now it's to a point where they are too overpowered. So they bring in new characters. The Winters.

I thought that was a good idea, to be honest. Some fresh faces is needed to make it scary again. Because RE hadn't been that good since RE5. I still consider 5 to be good, despite the action. But 6 was crap. The spin offs were an embarrassment. I thought that was it for RE.

But after 7 and 8 were so stupid, and the remakes were too dark with a ton of cut content, I practically lost hope. RE4's remake isn't as bad, but it's a remake. So it's just an older game, recycled.

If you like it, that's fine. But Capcom is only interested in making money, and they return to Raccoon City a ridiculous amount of times as well. That Netflix series was a joke.

Glad I didn’t like demo. I will get it when heavily discounted, maybe on Halloween they should manage to fix all the issues on XSX by then.
I mean everyone asked because ps5 run better mysteriously at higher resolution of XSX and finally we have the explanation: shitty reconstruction method. The only question is why every fucking time capcom release the xbox version with unsustainable higher setting and then people have to tell them to fix it with the inevitable downgrade. It happened also with RE3R. They shouldnt release RE4R with better IQ at the cost of 35% of input delay from the beginning and no one would have complained seeing the same on ps5 (and probably even smoother). Of course I hope they will fix the shitty vegetation rendering because Good Lord the village part seems someone vomited on the screen but it's capcom, they never cared of such details.

Last edited:
Suddenly b3d turned into ign comments section or gamefaqs.

I'm sure they will fix the issues eventually. There are more important things in the world to be mad over

Suddenly b3d turned into ign comments section or gamefaqs.

I'm sure they will fix the issues eventually. There are more important things in the world to be mad over

If I want to be mad at the current state of politics or vegetable prices or something I will probably not discuss it here. Are you mad that people express disappointment of the current state of technical aspect of the game in the subforum dedicated to it? Interesting.

If I want to be mad at the current state of politics or vegetable prices or something I will probably not discuss it here. Are you mad that people express disappointment of the current state of technical aspect of the game in the subforum dedicated to it? Interesting.
No. But the technical aspects are not the main thing being discussed in here but weird nonsense that has no place in technical discussion. Like who is a "real" fan and a lot of other cringe nonsense.

We can discuss the technical shortcomings that are on display without losing focus of the core discussion

So you guys just want to discuss the game generally? Then okay. That's cool.

I did complete it. I was satisfied. But RE4, 5 and 6 are the worst games in the series to turn to if you seek an atmospheric, creepy game. That's why I like The Evil Within games. They play like RE4, sure. I do think they are more scary and the story is weird at first, but it's not really boring.

Because unlike some people, I'm a genuine fan who was invested in the storylines and characters. Now it's to a point where they are too overpowered. So they bring in new characters. The Winters.

I thought that was a good idea, to be honest. Some fresh faces is needed to make it scary again. Because RE hadn't been that good since RE5. I still consider 5 to be good, despite the action. But 6 was crap. The spin offs were an embarrassment. I thought that was it for RE.

But after 7 and 8 were so stupid, and the remakes were too dark with a ton of cut content, I practically lost hope. RE4's remake isn't as bad, but it's a remake. So it's just an older game, recycled.

If you like it, that's fine. But Capcom is only interested in making money, and they return to Raccoon City a ridiculous amount of times as well. That Netflix series was a joke.
Yeah but why so much obsession? I alsi enjoyed RE since the beginning. There are many things I dont like too. But I dont bring it up again and again and again and again and get caught all the time by what people like and dont like about a game. But it is an ongoing thing for you, so much that it is taking way too much energy.

It gives the impression that there isnt going much in your life so your mind is lost in itself and its reference points are too little for it to move forward.

Nostalgia and games are probably a form of escapism from dealing with life itself.

You need to spend less time in front of screens. Your brain is probably addicted to it. But you have to make changes to your outer experiences. Because in pure honesty and objectivity, beyond entertainment Resident Evil isnt giving you any tools, any kind of development in life. For Capcom RE has always been a money bringer and for them you are just a consumer. They give no shits about you. They are happy if you are a mindless consumers who buys stuff and you are life is like shit. Your life is irrelevant to them. Only YOU should care about YOU and games arent part of who you are. They are just entertainment you have no control of.

Do something that will help your fullfilment about who you are and stop searching for quick pleasures like games as a way to enjoy life.

Last edited:
How about you keep your trap shut, you shill?

I bet you never even played any of the games Capcom produced before 2004 because you're a casual gamer, a young pup, and a dumbass who likes these unscary, uninteresting, action packed games. Which is fine. But don't go hating on a real survival horror fan for laying out these hard facts.

There you go, fanboy. I had to bite because of your attack.
Rough day buddy?

XSX performance now are very close to the ps5 version with improved dead zone but at the cost of the same IQ.

RE4 has yet another patch. Seeing others say the aiming is better, and the IQ is fixed on Xbox and VRR is a blessing.

[XSX|S]
  • An issue preventing the game from launching when downloadable content has been installed and an account with content restrictions is logged in has been fixed.
  • Fixes to the stick dead zone (the range in which the controller’s sticks don’t respond to movement) made on April 7 have been further adjusted.
  • Changes to the graphics rendering process made on April 7 have been readjusted.

Back