PS5 Pro *spawn

I'd say it's more confirming the thing exists, rather than the exact specs. Still a silly decision, you just officially confirmed a PS5 Pro a good deal before announcing it Sony... why?
It's already been confirmed by people like Tom Henderson, so I dont think this really changes anything. Extremely poorly held secret at this point.

if ps5 pro supports usb save backup like PS4, or even bring all PS4 multimedia feature back.... it'll be a nice upgrade even for me

I've been playing around with path tracing on CP2077 and now I do think PS5 Pro could pull it off.

My 4070ti with a 30fps cap and using DLSS quality mode (so native 1440p) delivers a 95% lock to 30fps, this is with some tweaks to the path tracing (rays per pixel reduced from 2 to 1 and ray bounces increased from 2 to 4)

I do think that if Sony's PSSR is decent, dropping the game to a native 1080p (maybe with some dynamic resolution scaling) and tweaking the render distance of the path tracing, rays and bounces, there's a high chance the machine would be able to pull it off at 30fps.

Last edited:
In phantom liberty? I’m not so sure… Anyway, with the way cdpr’s engine works, 30 fps is unplayable due to latency.

There’s something messed up with their rendering pipeline on console then. I think a few reviewers measured high levels of input latency on the ps5.
Yes, Witcher 3 input on console is very laggy, even in performance mode.

It is looking like final console will be at peak 36 Teraflops, 18 Teraflops FP32 in old terms. If they had clocked it 25MHz higher, they could have advertised it as three times the competition. Regardless, they can advertise is as the most powerful.

I wonder if RDNA 4 RX 8800 will have machine learning upscaling hardware like high-end PS5. GPU design kind of reminds me of going back to the Radeon VII, clever way to maximise performance and yields without losing significant performance. I wonder if the next-gen Xbox will be based on a current generation PS5 GPU if they are planning to announce that within a year or so with Zen 5 so it might just be a FPS boost console rather than anything groundbreaking.

If Sony are potentially keeping CPU on same N6 process node, it limits a proper PS5 Slim possibility any time soon or at all. They could reuse existing Slim chassis for this model if they can do a chiplet design like Strix Halo and use N4P node for the GCD. That way, they can get more economies of scale if they are targetting the same power level by using existing tooling and hardware, just brand it on packaging and plastics like Ultra 64 / N64.

Can see this doing really well as it reduces any PC advantage even further while delivering incredible level of performance at a great price if priced competitively. It will bring a more meaningful jump than last generation while having less competition from cheaper models and competing products. Hopefully Sony produce decent quantities and not underestimate demand. I planned to hold off upgrading my PS4 until this and GT8 was out but might be tempted to upgrade it at launch depending on if they showcase any new games and to experience GT7 in a better way.

Can see this doing really well as it reduces any PC advantage even further while delivering incredible level of performance at a great price if priced competitively. It will bring a more meaningful jump than last generation.

If the 5090 is as powerful as the rumours suggest (around 50% faster than the 4090) then there'd actually be a much bigger delta between the Pro and the top end PC's (~3x) than there was when the PS5 initially launched (~2x).

Although that larger deta will likely be reflected in the relatively larger price too.

If the 5090 is as powerful as the rumours suggest (around 50% faster than the 4090) then there'd actually be a much bigger delta between the Pro and the top end PC's (~3x) than there was when the PS5 initially launched (~2x).

Although that larger deta will likely be reflected in the relatively larger price too.
Gap of power consumption between 5090 and GPU of PS5 Pro will also increase a lot since Nvidia 4090 already consumes 100W more than 3090.

Back