Lenovo Legion Go Handheld PC

At some point, someone has to make a notebook attachment for an additional screen and a keyboard. The handled can turn in a giant touchpad / secondary screen.
Crap! This is already better than my work notebook in productivity benchmarks, and it's just a gaming device!

Edit: my work desktop is a ryzen 3700x, so I checked the benchmarks and the legion is even better than it if can reach the top 54W tdp!
Maybe asus will make transformer tablet family again

Dave2D had a hands on with a pre production version. He liked the right controller mouse mode thingy and the choice of screen res for scaling.

darn it looks excellent. hope other companies imitate that, and for instance GPD makes a similar device, with a little keyboard too like that in the GPD Win 4.

Loved the dettachable joysticks, specially the left one to use with a regular mouse if you want to. Also loved that the screen has "natural Integer Scaling" so you can play games at 1280x800 and the screen is going to look very crisp 'cos it's native 2560x1600, which is a very nice touch from Lenovo.

Last edited:
if the screen is an oled or miniled, it'll be perfect. but then again, the price would probably be too high

I bought one a week or so back. It is a lovely piece of kit, the extra screen real estate makes a huge difference. The speakers are what lets its down the most though they sound so weak compared to my Rog Ally and my Steamdeck. But the additional features, the built in stand, the case you get with it. The ability to turn the right stick into a, admittedly weird to use, mouse etc. It just feels like a much better designed overall package than the Ally.

The biggest issue with both this and the Ally is Windows. It really saps most of the resources from these devices, including CPU and Memory. First thing I did, on both of them, was to run Bloatynosy to strip the bloat out of Windows makes quite a big difference to framerates.

I bought one a week or so back. It is a lovely piece of kit, the extra screen real estate makes a huge difference. The speakers are what lets its down the most though they sound so weak compared to my Rog Ally and my Steamdeck. But the additional features, the built in stand, the case you get with it. The ability to turn the right stick into a, admittedly weird to use, mouse etc. It just feels like a much better designed overall package than the Ally.

The biggest issue with both this and the Ally is Windows. It really saps most of the resources from these devices, including CPU and Memory. First thing I did, on both of them, was to run Bloatynosy to strip the bloat out of Windows makes quite a big difference to framerates.
thanks for the tip on Bloatynosy, I didn't know about this program.

There was some tips in an app I followed to eliminate some of the bloat in Windows 11 which I used in my Windows 11 partition for gaming (I have 2 totally different W11 partitions on my PC, one for productivity and the other one for gaming) and it didn't work well.

What I achieved is that while I deleted some unnecessary apps and stuff, some games didn't run on my Windows 11 gaming partition but those same games ran perfectly fine on my Windows 11 productivity partition, so I messed up things a bit, 'cos the app wasn't particularly well executed nor well explained or both, and maybe my fault for extra tinkering, it all added.

Back