Helldivers 2 [PS5, PC]

Anyway, I have never seen a game crash this much on PS5. I hope that they clean up the game before introducing the new faction.

Anyway, I have never seen a game crash this much on PS5. I hope that they clean up the game before introducing the new faction.
They have, in the past, cleaned that up. At least on PC. And then a hotfix comes out and breaks things again. Last night I was playing and had the infinite loading bug 3 times, where you drop into a mission and it just loads forever. I haven't seen that in 2 or 3 hotfixes. This newest hotfix has a bunch of new and old bugs popping up from my experience.

They have, in the past, cleaned that up. At least on PC. And then a hotfix comes out and breaks things again. Last night I was playing and had the infinite loading bug 3 times, where you drop into a mission and it just loads forever. I haven't seen that in 2 or 3 hotfixes. This newest hotfix has a bunch of new and old bugs popping up from my experience.
Yeah, it's so buggy. I hope they can solve those issues sooner rather than later.

Ok trying to understand. Considering that other games require to log in to other accounts as well, what was the reason if the outrage again?

Ok trying to understand. Considering that other games require to log in to other accounts as well, what was the reason if the outrage again?
Some of the outrage, I think, are just people who are against any change. But sort of what happened here, is that when Helldivers 2 launched, it was in such a state that the game barely worked. I believe I remember an article stated that the devs were asking people to wait before buying it because the servers couldn't handle the load. Anyway, to help with technical issues, they remove the requirement for a PSN account. This might have been announced as a temporary fix in a blog post or on social media, but never in game. The Steam page always said it needed a PSN account. So 4 or so months after launch, Sony announces that the PSN account requirement is going to be reinstated. Some people freaked out because they thought the previous removal was permanent, and again, I think some people were just angry about the change.

But one thing that's undeniably sketchy, is that since launch, they have been selling this game on Steam in regions of the world that PSN isn't supported. As in, you can not create a PSN account without violating the terms of service by lying about your location and/or using a VPN. Meaning that, if the terms of service of Playstation Network are enforced, and the game now requires a PSN account, then the game would be rendered unplayable in regions where people had already purchased the game.

So the combination of the gamer rage against change, poor communication, and a legitimate grievance regarding regarding the enforcement of a policy that would make a game unplayable to some who paid for it all combined to start a calamity. And then the communication out of Arrowhead went from brushing off criticism with a bit of snark, to flipping and fanning the rage flames and asking for negative reviews.

Also not just change, but adding a new account requirement to a game that didn't need one (to many who installed it, it seems). That'd be a real dirty move if so. Buy this game! Play this game! Loving it? Right, now we're going to ransom it against a new account so we can show network growth to our stockholders. Sign up or stop paying!

That's how the story was presented when it broke and I think a lot of initial reaction was against that inaccurately-portrayed injustice. Ongoing outrage is just as see colon describes it, though with added feelings about Sony's network requirements on Steam for players who can get PSN - you either have to think they are playing dirty, or incompetent. Though even if attempting to lay dirty, it's a pretty incompetent play to artificially inflate PSN accounts...

edit: Seam still lists the game as requiring a 3rd party PSN account. I thin the evidence for 'incompetent' is pretty compelling!

edit: Seam still lists the game as requiring a 3rd party PSN account. I thin the evidence for 'incompetent' is pretty compelling!
It was also just removed from sale in a couple of more countries that don't have PSN. This is after Sony's statement that PSN would no longer be required, and in addition to countries that already had it removed from sale. My personal assessment leans pretty hard towards incompetent.

One of the reason for moving beyond they're platform with those games was to reach countries where consoles were banned until recently (like china, where steam has enormous market share) and places where they just don't sell consoles. That they are blocking access in those places in embarrassing. I imagine that they will find a solution, but the fact that they haven't done a blog post detailing what's they're intention is just plain incompetence.

Back