Zoo Tycoon will donate to animal charities when you complete challenges [XO]

Cyan

orange
Legend
Supporter
I am truly passionate about nature and I am mad about nature documentaries. My favourite animal is the cheetah. So this new game is basically great news. The game will be a day one buy for me.

This new game for the Xbox 360 and Xbox One is going to donate resources to animal charities when certain community objectives are achieved.

image_35641_thumb_wide620.jpg

Xbox exclusive Zoo Tycoon offers cloud-based multiplayer - loads of new details

Microsoft will donate to animal charities when you complete challenges

Microsoft has posted an interview with studio manager Jorg Neumann about Zoo Tycoon, the Xbox One and Xbox 360 strategy sim from Frontier Developments. We've stripped away the magical marketing language and discovered a bunch of new gameplay details, including some rather appealing multiplayer info.

You'll be able to upload your zoo to the cloud, share it with friends and work on it alongside up to three other players, Neumann revealed.

"Collaboration is a key part of this new Zoo Tycoon and we believe it will open up the experience on a truly global scale." You can also communicate with other Tycoons directly via Skype, loan and trade animals and "engage in large scale community-wide conservation efforts".

As you'd expect from a game by Frontier, creator of Kinectimals, the game also supports Kinect - animals will recognise you and respond to voice commands and gestures, such as screams of "DANCE MONKEY BOY, DANCE" accompanied by vigorous fist-shaking. Care of "charming enrichment interactions" you can "access menus and infographics in the most intuitive way possible". It is impossible to be cynical about any of this.

You'll be able to explore the zoo on foot, too, interacting with guests (who will signal their needs and feelings via animations) and performing mini-games such as litter-picking, cleaning out the animal exhibits and delivering food stock. If walking's too much trouble, there's a buggy which "handles really well" and is a "fun addition to the game". You can even view the zoo through animal eyes and experience the thrill of imprisonment for yourself.

Besides letting people confuse and upset virtual animals, Microsoft wants to help non-virtual ones by raising awareness of endangered species. "There will be a great deal of focus on captive breeding and saving/rehabilitating and releasing animals back into the wild once they're ready," observed Neumann. "Once released into the wild, the player can keep tabs on each animal to see how they're progressing and adapting to their new home."

The developer will also update the game "based on real world events", having partnered with the Association of Zoos and Aquariums to this end, and Microsoft says it'll donate resources to animal charities when certain community objectives are reached.

"We feel a great sense of responsibility to the fans and are incorporating the excellent feedback and suggestions we've received from them over the years," Neumann observed. "By bringing the franchise to the Xbox consoles, we are able to add awesome new gameplay experiences and groundbreaking social dimensions that will make this the best "Zoo Tycoon" experience ever."

http://www.oxm.co.uk/58259/xbox-exc...cloud-based-multiplayer-loads-of-new-details/

I hope there is still a serious tycoon game at its core; that it hasn't been reduced to just a series of minigames or has the complexity of a facebook game.

I hope there is still a serious tycoon game at its core; that it hasn't been reduced to just a series of minigames or has the complexity of a facebook game.
Well, there is a new gameplay video from a Gamescom 2013 demo of the game. I decided to take my chances and buy it at launch, perhaps.

The way this sound to me is like this is just the same as those "for every like this picture of this dying child on facebook gets , US$0,25 will be donated to her treatment" kind of thing, but this time for real. They basicaly have to have the moeny to do this around before even promising to do this, but they will only going to actually choose to use it once the achievments are met.

New video from a game I can't seem to be able to pre-order at Game but I am going to buy it at launch no matter what.

Thanks NospheratuX for the link

Not sure how it is overseas, but in the US this game is a timed retailer exclusive(before January 31, 2014). You can only buy at retail via Walmart. Though you can still buy it via Microsoft Stores or Xbox Live.

Tommy McClain

Not sure how it is overseas, but in the US this game is a timed retailer exclusive(before January 31, 2014). You can only buy at retail via Walmart. Though you can still buy it via Microsoft Stores or Xbox Live.

Tommy McClain
That might be the reason, because I don't see it listed anywhere here. I shall take a look at the Microsoft Store.

The full list of animals in the game has been revealed. 101 in total, but I don't see the cheetah anywhere. It's one of my favourite animals...

http://www.oxm.co.uk/65614/zoo-tyco...-one-launch/?cid=OTC-RSS&attr=OXM-General-RSS

Back