ZOMG!!!! Owen Wilson tried to commit suicide???

If I may ask: Why did you jump to the conclusion in your thread title based on the information in the article you linked to?

[strike]The National Enquirer, who I believe, were the first to claim it was a suicide attempt, went AWOL from the web a couple of hours later.[/strike] Edit: That might just be them blocking out loads of non-US IPs without giving any notice other than a 404 error message.

Last edited by a moderator:
If I may ask: Why did you jump to the conclusion in your threat title based on the information in the article you linked to?

No kidding. For that matter, who even cares? I have my own life to tend to, I'd rather not spend it poring over celebrities.

He's a pretty damn funny guy, so yeah I would be a little upset if he tried to commit suicide. I see no reason in wondering what happened, etc. If the family/him wishes to share it then so be, otherwise oh well. Nothing major, but saying someone is poring over celebrities life because they're interesting is overboard.

tHE (oops) music entertainment and movie business has probab ly killed/maimed/ruined a greater percentage of those working in it tahn pretty much any other occupation on this planet except that of the soldier.

Just think of all those people who've ruined themselves, not just by committing suicide but with drugs and alcohol etc. Both young and not quite as young have fallen into this trap. Marilyn Monroe and River Phoenix and James Dean and tons of other people. There's aslo tons of wrecks walking aroun dout there somehow not dead even thouhg they probably should be. Nick Nolte and Keith Richards and Iggy Pop and whatnot.

The human mind doesn't seem to handle the pressure of fame all that well it appears..
Peace.

I won't even mention this nice lady

800px-Amy_Winehouse_f5104871.jpg

Ah yes. And so appropriately named too.

Though "winehead" would have been even better I guess.

Add to her Britney Spears and Paris Hilton and Nicole Richie and Lindsay Lohan to the same bunch of short-circuited dopeheads and drunkards. Who am I missing? I'm sure there must be more.. :devilish:

The naughty one of the Olsen twins perhaps? Though I've not seen any headlines about them recently.
Ah, yes. Pete Doherty. I'm just waiting to see the final paparazzi pic of him dead on the floor of a restroom with a needle sticking out of his arm,. He's a walking OD wauiting to happen if ever I saw one. A true celebrity junkie.
Peace.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pete Duel.

Maybe. . . maaaaybe Digi or JR or Russ will get that without a google. . . not all celebrity suicides/attempts are down and outers.

Each year, 768,000 people kill themselves all over the world. Now why should I pay special attention to Owen Wilson? I'm sure he hasn't got as many problems as these poor sods do.

Each year, 768,000 people kill themselves all over the world. Now why should I pay special attention to Owen Wilson? I'm sure he hasn't got as many problems as these poor sods do.

You should pay special attention to him because someone obviously gave a shit enough about this one-in-768,000 attempted suicide 'victim' to post about it. I'm sure if someone created a thread and said "My brother just tried to commit suicide", people would be all over it with their feelings of sorrow for said brother...but that brother would be just one of '768,000', just like Owen is. When you look at statistics in that way, the reason they do it becomes nullified. Whether little Johnny Brother tried to kill himself because he lost his best character in World of Warcraft, or Owen because he was forced to work beside Jackie Chan, the core point is the same... Try and see it from the family's perspective - It doesn't matter who they are to us.

That being said, I don't give two shits about Owen Wilson, but i'm sorry that he (or anyone else for that matter) has tried to kill themselves.

Back