Zelda 3DS remakes

Does anybody else think these things are an abomination?

Just take a look at this (17 year old spoilers):

19m57s

How can people think they're an improvement? WTF?

Majora's Mask 3D seems to be making fans happy left and right?

i dont get whats wrong with them O_O
It's simple. First, the complete destruction of the art setup by vomitting a rainbow on everything and turning up all the lights to max brightness. Secondly, replacing the well crafted animations with those of a first-year animation student.

Majora's Mask 3D seems to be making fans happy left and right?
I'm a fan and I think it looks awful.

ah i get what you means. the 3ds version do looks more "happy" and "chic", clasing with the "Dark" theme.

maybe they overcompensate for mobile-viewing? 3DS have horrible screen, especially in bright condition. So the objects easier to see, the animation easier to notice.

Tell me what the improvements are.
I do not claim there are improvements, I said I do not find this an abomination - which seems something of a hyperbolic statement. However, if that's genuinely how you feel..

Yes, but he posted a comparison of the N64 to 3DS port. Majora's Mask is, from what I'm hearing, more like a remake? The video is of Ocarina of Time, released much earlier in the 3DS lifecycle along with some other (imho bad) N64 ports that back then had me wonder how on earth Nintendo could bring out a portable system that was worse than the N64.

But Majora's Mask 3DS, of the 44 reviews on metacritic, the lowest is an 80! This is from that "lowest scoring" review:

"Majora's Mask 3D is just as much an oddity as it was fourteen years ago. While some aspects of it haven't aged well, Nintendo has made enough smart changes to make this remaster worth a second look for those like me who left the original undone. It's nicely presented, shows some real growth of the seeds planted in Ocarina, and is easily among the most unique games in the franchise."

And another:

"With its non-linear structure and surreal tone, Majora's Mask 3D sometimes doesn't feel like a Zelda game at all, but it's those who know the series best who will get the most out of its demanding dungeons and its many entertaining side-quests. And with a number of smart improvements that make its frustrations easier to bear, the 3DS version is by far the best way to experience it."

And another:

"Nintendo didn't go above and beyond the call of duty with The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D, but the improvements do in fact make it a more playable experience. Many of the frustrating elements from the original are gone, and because of the nature of the three-day cycle, it's a perfect thing to pick up, play, and turn off after one cycle completes. Majora still isn't my favorite Zelda, but I'm much more inclined to go back to it on the 3DS."

It's Zelda, like the reviewers are going to give it a bad score. In terms of gameplay Nintendo made the game easier and more handheld friendly.

Back