Youtube compression for high detail graphics tech demos

Discussion in 'Rendering Technology and APIs' started by Warrick, Sep 24, 2020.

1. Warrick

Newcomer

Hello people!

I'm looking for advice on how best to upload videos for some graphics tech that Youtube compression is doing its best to murder!

As I thought I may have that issue I've uploaded a few tests recently such as: . That have been smudged and stuttered to hell predictably :-(

I only have an ancient copy of CS6 Premiere and Media Encoder to hand. I'm not sure what is best these days (codecs/settings etc) as I am a bit out of the loop on that side of things. As I upload new videos over the coming months it's only gonna get worse as they will be much more detailed, and I am still a few months away from finishing the proper antialiased renderer. So Youtube will continue to hate on that amount of pixel aliasing in the meanwhile and I'm reluctant to hack in blurring as I would rather keep the detail!

2. SlmDnk

Regular

chris1515 and BRiT like this.