Your opinion of Panzer Dragoon Orta?

bbot

Regular
Is it better than DOA: Xtreme Volleyball?
Would you rather wait for APEX (Racing Revoluzione)?

I think PDO is in it's own class compared to DOAX, and Apex is yet another pretty racer. That may be just me, but PDO is one of the Xbox games that I consider very valuable.

If anything, PDO brings a much-needed variety to the Xbox lineup. As pretty as Apex can be, I do not believe that those are the kind of titles Xbox needs, since there´s already plenty of that kind.

I didn't care for DoA:VB, and I actually ended up taking it back. However, I've logged more than 21 hours in Panzer Dragoon Orta :)

Blade said:
Not as good as Star Fox 64 IMO...

Well, it's possible to die, if that's what you mean. It's not as good because there's a little bit of challenge to it :LOL:

Oh, and it doesn't have talking stuffed animals either :cry:

The Xbox needs games like PDO. Too bad most of the fanbase wont think so. I've enjoyed PDO. Tood short and too hard in areas. But a classic shooter.

Ozymandis said:
I didn't care for DoA:VB, and I actually ended up taking it back. However, I've logged more than 21 hours in Panzer Dragoon Orta :)

Blade said:
Not as good as Star Fox 64 IMO...

Well, it's possible to die, if that's what you mean. It's not as good because there's a little bit of challenge to it :LOL:

Oh, and it doesn't have talking stuffed animals either :cry:

Having played the game (store demo only to be fair) I will say it's an ok game, but I agree that Star Fox 64 is better. To me, that is still the best 3d shooter game. The train level where you drive the tank is one of the best levels in any shooter I've seen(plus the use of vibration is great too).

Just got back from the store with PDO. Blinx was selling for $29.99, so I got that too (Gamespot makes it sound like it sucks, but I like it).

Ozy: Oh, get out. :D

I like PDO's challenge level, but SF64 was just more fun to me.

PDO is a great game, but personally I think SF64 crushes it in certain areas!

bbot said:
Is it better than DOA: Xtreme Volleyball?
Would you rather wait for APEX (Racing Revoluzione)?

DOAXBV and PDO are vastly different games, it really depends on what you like. DOAXBV is a lot of fun, especially multiplayer, and will last a good while if you play a lot of multiplayer and care about getting all the swimsuits. PDO is also a lof of fun, but it doesn't have multiplayer if you care about that. It does have a lot to unlock though to keep you coming back for more, plus the game is just so fun that you will probably want to play certain levels over and over. As for Apex, yes I would rather wait for Apex, but that might just be me. I've been waiting for another good street racing game since PGR and Apex looks to be that game.

My opinion of PDO?

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Sheer beauty. Excellent shooter. AAA title!
Show Sega some love and they will continue to give Xbox the games! Graphics baby! Graphics! :oops:

Blade said:
Ozy: Oh, get out. :D

I like PDO's challenge level, but SF64 was just more fun to me.

PDO is a great game, but personally I think SF64 crushes it in certain areas!

Nostalgia does some bad things to our objectivity. That's all I really have to say on this subject I guess? :?

STFU. Warcraft II > Warcraft III. Nostalgia rules.

Oh, what was the topic? Oh yeah. PDO is great. The difficulty levels are pretty pointless though, I was expecting a difference like "normal/heroic/legendary" but it was closer to Half--Life's "easy/normal/hard". (that is, just a little more or less health)

About StarFox 64... I make a point of playing/beating it once a month :)

I have yet to play PDO but it'll have to own pretty thoroughly to beat SF64.

Reznor: Macbeth is the best level in that game hands down... though Area 6 is fun too (and it can be VERY HARD if you aren't careful in a few key parts), it gives you that epic 'four guys kick the ass of a whole fleet' feel. Much like the Death Star in Star Wars :D

The only problem I have with SF64 is lack of AI in Multiplayer...

Its pretty good IMO, we have this and Rez, and maybe a new Star Fox in the works. I wish they are more company making this type of game.

chap said:
My opinion of PDO?

Show Sega some love and they will continue to give Xbox the games! Graphics baby! Graphics! :oops:

why am i not surprised with this...... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

he doesnt play games, he looks at them.... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

london-boy said:
chap said:
My opinion of PDO?

You're wrong. Chap doesn't look at games, he looks at the "consoles supported". As long as it's an Xbox exclusive, its beautiful.

BoddoZerg said:
london-boy said:
chap said:
My opinion of PDO?

You're wrong. Chap doesn't look at games, he looks at the "consoles supported". As long as it's an Xbox exclusive, its beautiful.

ha ha ha ha....

i thought he was different, like a PROPER graphics whore... he's already trolling about how PS3 is going to destroy the world or how Xbox2 is going to make our eyes melt or how GC3 is "going to be raped" by {insert microsoft console in the year 2009}.... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Nostalgia does some bad things to our objectivity

The favored excuse of anti-Nintendo folks worldwide. Nostalgia doesn't do a damned thing to me.. :?

I love these shooters, but SF64 felt better to play. Is that okay with you? I love my first real Panzer Dragoon experience.. it's actually not all that similar to Nintendo's as I thought it would be. The strategy of switching between forms and manuevering around bosses is something you won't find in Star Fox or SF64. PDO is a great game and probably the best game released in January on any system; definitely the best Xbox game since Splinter Cell. IMHO, though.. SF64 is more fun. Alrighty then..

Back