yes yes! PSPUAE v0.1 - Amiga 500 Emulator for the PSP

hey69

i have a monster
Veteran
just released v0.1 of PSPUAE, a port of UAE to the PSP. It runs at about 75-80% of a real Amiga 500 speed but some games are definitly playable like E-Motion or Rick Dangerous.

Pspuae1 Pspuae2 Pspuae3 Pspuae4

To install:

If you have a 1.0 firmware, install EBOOT.PBP and the data/ folder to /PSP/GAME/PSPUAE
If you have a 1.50 firmware, copy the PSPUAE and PSPUAE% folders to /PSP/GAME
Note: PSP-UAE MUST be installed in /PSP/GAME/PSPUAE to work properly
Then, you need to put the Amiga Kickstart 1.3 KICK.ROM file into /PSP/GAME/PSPUAE
(Make sure the filename is KICK.ROM)
And finally, copy an amiga ADF disk file as /PSP/GAME/PSPUAE/DF0.ADF

I used to have an Amiga 600, one of the best systems I've ever owned, so many amazing games, ah the memories :D

Hopefully someone is working on an Amiga emulator for the DS.

This is a super-dooper ideal PSP emu! A portable 16+ megabyte Amiga is a truly fanastic concept. Provide USB keyboard support and you can use it for productivity stuff too (if you're crazy enough) along with it's vast supply of cutting edge games (birthplace of many genres). Provide compressed disk images and you could also fit a few hundred games into a small MemStick too.

Sony should really go commercial with emulators, and let the old companies sell old games through the web. If Nintendo are considering it for Revolution, and there seems to be a market, let the likes of Factor5 cash in on Turrican, and Reflections/Psygnosis/whoever they are now SOTB.

What would some of the best Amiga 500 games be? I never tried that system, this could be a cool thing

Another World
Flashback
Chaos Engine
Alien Breed
Frontier II - Elite
Sensible World of Soccer (best version available IMO, better then the PC version)
Monkey Island 1 & 2
Dune
Pushover
Turrican II
Speedball 1 & 2
Powermonger
Populous
DarkSeed
Atoms
Cruise for a Corpse
It came from the Desert
Lotus 2 & 3
Moonstone
Skidmarks
Last Ninja 2 & 3
Star Control II
Armour-Geddon
Shadow of the Beast
Nuclear War
Speedball 2
Superfrog
Pinball Fantasies
Pinball Dreams
Indianna Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
X-Com
Syndicate + American Revolt
Lotus II
Agony
Lemmings
Worms

And many more :)

Depends on how compatible this emulator is, which I'm not sure of.

Also I'm not sure if any of those games are Amiga 1200 games. The 1200 had a much faster CPU then the Amiga 500. But I'm sure that the massive majority of those games will work on the Amiga 500.

Teasy : It's nice to see someone talking about games I've played for once :D Was Star Control 2 released on the Amiga though? I only remember it on PC. The replayability of that game was improved when I hex edited the ship files to change their stats. Remember the Zoq-Fot-Piq with it's red 'tongue'? I had one with a tongue about 500 foot long 8)

This is seriously the best news I've heard all day. I'm definitely buying a PSP now!

Ahh the good old Amiga days.

Marble Madness
Pinball dreams / fantasies
moonstone
wonderboy
bubble bobble / rainbow island

So many memories...man I feel old now.

Wow, this definately has me excited. Me to, spent countless hours playing Amiga games back in the day...

Back