Yakuza: Like a Dragon [PS4, PS5, XO, XBSX|S, PC] English Release

November 10, 2020 releases on PS4, Xbox One, Series X|S
March 21, 2021 releases on PS5.

Why the 6 months delay for PS5 ?!

Xbox has a timed exclusive on the game. After being mostly passive last gen and not competing with Sony for timed exclusives that much, it looks like MS may be more aggressive this generation with timed exclusives similar to Sony last generation.

Regards,
SB

That's weird as it hits PS4 at the same time.

This means that the ps4 version will not be forward compatible until updates, or that will not be optimized for ps5?

Maybe MS is only concerned about timed exclusivity on the next gen systems?

Regards,
SB
I would argue its a waste if PS5 can play it in BC.
As i doubt is going to be a big leap between generations.

If the cost was pretty much the same as just having marketing rights in general for all machines, then guess why not?
But, it's up to MS to make the most of these deals.

I would believe most Yakuza fans are on ps4 and then 5 (given the history of the saga)... Weird decision from sega...

I would believe most Yakuza fans are on ps4 and then 5 (given the history of the saga)... Weird decision from sega...
My view on that, is that's what makes the marketing deal worth while.
PS owners know about it, so if your trying to brorden your appeal to that market these sorts of things helps. Not just PS audience but people who like those types of games.

They may not make xbox their primary console, but it shows that it has games your interested in on there.

Not always about just appealing to your inbuilt audience.

Interesting there are 2 modes: https://twistedvoxel.com/yakuza-like-a-dragon-xbox-series-s-x/ I did not see mention of PS4 or Xbox One modes.

Series X: 4K30
Series S: 1440p30

Series X: 1440p60
Series S: 900p60
From what I saw I thought it could do 4k60 to be honest.
Not gonna take long for people to say how bad 900p60 is. It's nice that the XSS is given options, it's something I'm worried that it would lack.

Now just waiting to hear where all the other consoles inc this gen lines up.

Additional reference points:

PS4 Pro: 1080p/30
PS4: 900p/30

So Series S performing better than 4Pro with 1440p30.
And 60fps mode.
Wonder if all other settings are equal.
So pro doesn't get a 60fps performance mode.
Wonder what 1X modes will be.

Just saw this headline
Yakuza: Like a Dragon on Xbox Series S Can’t Do 1080p and 60fps at the Same Time
I'm amazed that people expect the XSS to run same as XSX.

Assume they haven't figured out that a locked 60 on XSX is 1080p. :rolleyes:

The Yakuza series has always had a bit of a janky engine and has never had anything close to great graphics in any generation. The development team isn't so large. I imagine there isn't enough dev. time or money for heavy optimizations to the engine. They just need it to look good enough. And for me, I like the presentation style of their games.

The focus for the games has always been the wonderful stories and side stories (SO MANY). And the side stories aren't just the same quests with different dialog either.

And on top of that all of the myriad mini-games. Some of those mini-games could be full fledged games on their own.

So, yeah, at least for me, because the gameplay and story are so great, it makes the graphics seem better than they actually are.

I'm really looking forward to this game.

Regards,
SB

Back