"XNA XBox360 Game Studio Express Out Tomorrow"

I've downloaded it, haven't installed it yet, but I thought the beta wasn't supporting 360? That that would come with the final version?

So this is just the Beta test version, and there's no real info about the registration fee or the way software can be evaluated by MS for inclusion into Live! Arcade etc.?

Beta 2 today

http://gamerscoreblog.com/team/archive/2006/11/01/538575.aspx

* The addition of XNA Framework Content Pipeline, a feature set that makes it simpler and more straightforward for game developers to use 2D and 3D content in their game projects from third party digital content creation packages like Autodesk 3ds Max, Autodesk Maya and SOFTIMAGE|XSI.
* New content importers for .X and Autodesk FBX 3D asset format in partnership with Autodesk.
* Xbox 360 project system gives game developers the ability to preview game design specifically for the Xbox 360 and pre-compile games starting today, giving developers a head start in preparing their games for the XNA Creators Club availability in December.
* Improved game component architecture updated with a simpler design, adding increased usability based on community feedback.
* Overall performance improvements and optimizations – XNA Game Studio Express Beta 2 is a near final version of the tool.

The beta is occurring simultaneously today with a closed beta of GarageGames’ Torque X, a toolset designed specifically for XNA Game Studio Express that combines Torque Game Builder, Torque Game Engine and Torque Shader Engine into one package on top of the XNA platform, giving even non-programmers a great set of tools and technology to easily create games using drag-n-drop interfaces.

Wow, that sounds great. Even I might get interested in that if they include ready game engines and you will not have to do programming and stuff...

Back