XIM4: PC Keyboard and Mouse coming for XBox One

Neat mod. I wonder if you could use it without being detected. This mod shows that keyboard and mouse support would be great for the console. There have been rumours about official keyboard + mouse support before, so I hope this becomes a reality.

It would be a boon, 'cos that means cross play would be definitely possible and there would be no excuse not to be in unison with PC gamers.

If this is like the previous modifications and MS continues to deal with it the same way, you have nothing to worry about. They won't actively look to detect or deter this mod.

Is it going to have a negative impact on online play though? That is, are some players going to have an advantage by using non-standard controls? that's why I wish KB+M and other controls were supported officially and could be selected in game matchmaking to ensure people get the competition they want.

XIM, XIM2, and XIM Edge had almost all the same features on the Xbox 360 and to some extend the PS3. If it hasn't ruined console gaming yet it won't. Do a search and read the old threads with my reviews ;)

I wonder how much it will costs and will I be able to use my X360 MadCatz TE fighting stick on X1, PS3 and PS4?

XIM, XIM2, and XIM Edge had almost all the same features on the Xbox 360 and to some extend the PS3. If it hasn't ruined console gaming yet it won't. Do a search and read the old threads with my reviews ;)
If it hasn't, then why? Does it make little real difference to in game performance? Or is it just not popular enough to matter?

Is it going to have a negative impact on online play though? That is, are some players going to have an advantage by using non-standard controls? that's why I wish KB+M and other controls were supported officially and could be selected in game matchmaking to ensure people get the competition they want.

That would though only divide the community.

No more so than peripherals that do the same. And no more so than people want. You'd be free to play controller vs KB+M if you wanted, or just stick to vs controller if you want a more level playing field. At the moment you can come up against someone with a control advantage and not know about it other than their repeatedly plastering the walls with your entrails.

There you go, Davros. The last barrier to entry to the console world has been removed. Time to enter the brave new world.

Back