xgi volari information

Discussion in '3D Hardware, Software & Output Devices' started by see colon, Sep 2, 2005.

1. see colon

see colon All Ham & No Potatos
    Veteran

when xgi launched the volari i remember reading a very in depth review that explained, in a very technical way, the strengths and shortcomings of the archetecture. i can't find the review now.

specificly what i'm looking for is information on the pixel pipeline. if anyone could point me in the right direction i would be very appreciative.

2. Zaphod

Zaphod Remember
    Veteran

Sure it wasn't a post here? I remember some fairly detailed analysis on this board picking away at the early benchmark numbers. From the time of launch the only one that spring to mind was the X-bit labs effort. It was at least long and thorough amongst other - It sucks, don't buy it. Period -- reviews. More recently 3D Center.org published a Volari <-> Deltachrome comparison that had some details about the pipeline in it. Probably not the one you're looking for at it's rather new, but (as far as my pathetic German goes) it was an interesting read.

3. AlexV

AlexV Heteroscedasticitate
    Moderator Veteran

Digit-life had the best article IMO.Don`t know if it`s still there though, they may have cleaned up their database.