XFX & EVGA defecting? (Inquirer Rumor)

What is keeping them Nvidia only? Once Asus and MSI opened the door, I'm a bit surprised more manufacturers didn't follow.

Could this be a simple matter of wordplay i.e. "ATi" instead of "AMD"? I've seen the theory posited in the comments section of the article, seems like something the Inq would do.

Well it would be nice for the ATI side to get them anyway (if the amd bit is accurate). I would not mind buying an ATI card from them.

I'd love to buy a Radeon from either of these companies. ATi fans have been clamoring for such a move for years now! I constantly see threads something along the lines of "is there an ATi equivalent to EVGA/XFX/BFG?"

I'm sorry? He said "I guess we can end this rumor now". I'm not going to get into an interpretation debate. Since I know Jacob personally. What he said is enough for me.

I'm sorry? He said "I guess we can end this rumor now". I'm not going to get into an interpretation debate. Since I know Jacob personally. What he said is enough for me.

So he was confirming the rumor?

:runaway:

That's the problem though. Companies (by way of their officers) outright deny rumors like these all the time, but never via any official channels. Case-in-point: see AMD buying ATi. Categorically denied time and again, and what do you know - it happened. The whole time they were denying it in public up and down, they were negotiating behind the scenes to secure a deal.

Now I'm not saying Charlie's right. We all know how much he hates NV, and how much of a rumor-mongering site the Inq is, so take with a grain of salt.

bit-tech has something today about AMD turning down EVGA

Why would AMD turn down EVGA? You know, likely the most respected vendor Nvidia side? Hell, I'd pick up EVGA even if they wanted more money than the others... it's just that big of a mind share deal.

Seeing as how wishiknew was too lazy to actually provide the damn link... here it is.

There is some sense to not having too many partners, but I seriously doubt the validity of that story. Doesn't ATI already have more than 8 partners (as suggested in the article)? (Asus, Diamond, Gigabyte, HIS, MSI, Palit, Powercolor, Sapphire, Visiontek and a few other regional partners like gecube)

If it were true, it seems like a silly refusal. Unless there aren't actually enough cores and GDDR5 to go around right now for their current partners.

Let's assume it isn't true and keep our notion that AMD's 'top brass' consists of professionals who wouldn't kiss and tell.

There's at least one of the Big 3 NVIDIA partners that was created in part by NV money and I wouldn't be surprised if they still had a share. Does anyone remember who they might be? I don't think it was eVGA, probably BFG, but I'm not sure.

I don't remember hearing that story, but BFG and XFX seem likely candidates. And EVGA too, actually.

As in, they seemed to come out of nowhere and mostly sell unchanged reference designs.

Back