Xenos inferior specwise to RSX

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbot

Regular
I accept that the C1 will be inferior specwise to RSX. I know that MS will say they designed the gpu with videogaming on a 720p screen and not pc gaming at 1600x1200 @ 100fps in mind. But hardcore will not see it that way and will only notice that the X360 gpu is inferior. So that means both the cpu and the gpu of Xbox360 is inferior to Playstation 3. That will drive away hardcore gamers from x360. And we know that PS3 will have a wide variety of games, so casual gamers will flock to PS3. So what advantage will Xbox360 have over PS3?

None.

Looks like MS has already lost even before they begun shipping X360.

bbot said:
I accept that the C1 will be inferior specwise to RSX. I know that MS will say they designed the gpu with videogaming on a 720p screen and not pc gaming at 1600x1200 @ 100fps. But hardcore will not see it that way and will only notice that the X360 gpu is inferior. So that means both the cpu and the gpu of Xbox360 is inferior to Playstation 3. That will drive away hardcore gamers from x360. And we know that PS3 will have a wide variety of games, so casual gamers will flock to PS3. So what advantage will Xbox360 have over PS3?

None.

:LOL:

All that matters is the final image on the screen. If they both look the same (Which they will ) then no one is going to care about the specs excapt techies and hardcore fans of the systems .

I'm not sure its as clear you as you make it out to be, but I remind you that both the Xbox and Gamecube were more powerful than the PS2.

"All that matters is the final image on the screen. If they both look the same (Which they will ) then no one is going to care about the specs excapt techies and hardcore fans of the systems . "

There will be a bigger difference than you'd like to believe

nickguy94 said:
"All that matters is the final image on the screen. If they both look the same (Which they will ) then no one is going to care about the specs excapt techies and hardcore fans of the systems . "

but probably smaller than fanboys would like to believe

we'll get a good idea come tgs . However right now unreal 2k7 and gears of war look the same to me however neither run on final hardware

SanGreal said:
I'm not sure its as clear you as you make it out to be, but I remind you that both the Xbox and Gamecube were more powerful than the PS2.
casual gamers flocked to the PS2, because of popular games / franchises, and also likely because of brand trust, etc.

.. as bbot mentioned, this time around, PS3 will have those same advantages that PS2 had, with the possibility of an additional advantage of being the most powerful console................

Haha, sorry not trying to sound mysterious. And yes, TGS will be a good example of what the PS3 can do. In fact, there may be a bigger presence from US and Europe publishers at the show to show off their PS3 games especially with all of this talk of a worldwide release within the Spring 2006 timeframe. That or Sony's going to hold it's own special conference.

Wunderchu said:
SanGreal said:
casual gamers flocked to the PS2, because of popular games / franchises, and also likely because of brand trust, etc.

.. as bbot mentioned, this time around, PS3 will have those same advantages that PS2 had, with the added advantage of being the most powerful console................

Most powerful console? Last time I checked the specs aren't even known for PS3. :LOL:

PC-Engine said:
Wunderchu said:
SanGreal said:

.. as bbot mentioned, this time around, PS3 will have those same advantages that PS2 had, with the added advantage of being the most powerful console................

Most powerful console? Last time I checked the specs aren't even known for PS3. :LOL:
yes, I apologize.. I kinda realized what you are pointing out after awhile .......

(I have edited my previous post)

as bbot mentioned, this time around, PS3 will have those same advantages that PS2 had, with the added advantage of being the most powerful console................

Ms will now have a brandname , exlusive games that people want and the fact that htey launched first and an established online server already up and running on day 1

Things aren't very clear cut. Claiming its over because sonys specs on paper are better wont really cut it . There are other things that come at the cost of this power and that is price. Ms can certainly gain alot of ground because of its price and libary

DigitalSoul said:
Momma always say "be careful what you say now, it might come back to haunt you later on"

What do you mean? People post all kinds of crap and never are held to it.

bbot said:
I accept that the C1 will be inferior specwise to RSX.

Did you ever think it was the reverse? Got in posts that indicate you thought Xenos would be? If not there is not much to "accept" less trumpeting ;)

As for your statements, I am not seeing where RSX > Xenos. They appear to be in the same league for shader performance. RSX seems to have more brute power and Xenos seems to be much more effecient.

There are still some questions about the usefullness of 128bit pixel percision, ditto AA with HDR. We know basically every 360 game is going to have 4x AA, the question obviously is will the RSX be capable of such in the more graphically intense games.

Until we see some games running on each it will be hard to say anything. Xenos could look great on paper and fall short in the real world. Then again it could be extremely effecient like ATI has said. If RSX is truly a 550MHz G70 like it appears I am beginning to even question the hoopla of RSX = SLI 6800U+.

Anyhow, mind sharing with us some specific areas where RSX is going to own Xenos?

Wunderchu said:
SanGreal said:

.. as bbot mentioned, this time around, PS3 will have those same advantages that PS2 had, with the possibility of an additional advantage of being the most powerful console................

When PS2 was starting to gain all that casual marketshare, XBox was just a rumor, so I don't know if your analogy has any merit here.

Also, the threat of a more powerful console later on (GC and XBox) did not slow down PS2 adaption because the games that casuals wanted was out for PS2 (namely Madden for US).

When it comes down to it, you can't predict the future from the past, since the factors never line up exactly as before.

Shogmaster said:
Wunderchu said:
SanGreal said:

When PS2 was starting to gain all that casual marketshare, XBox was just a rumor, so I don't know if your analogy has any merit here.

Also, the threat of a more powerful console later on (GC and XBox) did not slow down PS2 adaption because the games that casuals wanted was out for PS2 (namely Madden for US).

When it comes down to it, you can't predict the future from the past, since the factors never line up exactly as before.
you make some good points :)

I'm just a new guy here, so maybe I'm out of line but:

What's the point of this thread? Is bbot suggesting that MS should throw in the towel now since it "looks like MS has already lost even before they begun shipping X360." I don't even know what that means.

.Sis

I think bbot is trying to say that certain hardcore gamers (i.e.: the types of hardcore gamers who bought Xbox, and for which one of the reasons why they chose to buy the Xbox was because it was the most powerful console), may jump ship from MS's console to PS3, if PS3 is the most powerful next gen. console [apparently, bbot is one of those types of gamers].............

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back