xbox360 controller?

Nite_Hawk

Veteran
Hi guys,

I had the chance to play on one of the xbox360 kiosks over the weekend. I think the biggest suprise for me was how much I dislike the new xbox360 controller. It's not as comfortable as the original xbox controller, and far worse than the logitech controllers I picked up for my xbox.

I guess this just suprised me because it seems like everyone else likes it. I think the biggest problem for me is the shape of it. The button placement was good, and I didn't really have to reach or stretch to use any of the controls, it's just that with the way the controller is shaped my hands didn't really feel like they were holding it naturally. I don't think I'd want to hold it for more than an hour or two at a time. The original xbox controller had the opposite problem. It was very natural to hold, but I felt like I had to reach to hit buttons/controls too often.

Nite_Hawk

Nite_Hawk

well if it was a kiosks is there any chance that it being connected the way they are, thats what I hate about them for any system the controller is always connected in some strange angle and doesn't feel right when you are trying to play

Thats just what I was getting ready to say. kiosks are not the best way to test out a controller. They just don't feel right.

pegisys said:
well if it was a kiosks is there any chance that it being connected the way they are, thats what I hate about them for any system the controller is always connected in some strange angle and doesn't feel right when you are trying to play
That's the case with most of the kiosks I've used too, but this one they actually had the controllers just connected via the wire.

Basically they had the 360 in a clear plexiglass case, a ~25" LCD screen about 7-8 feet in the air, and had two controllers on hooks on the side, which you could pick up and hold in your hand however you wanted.

Nite_Hawk

I really wish they'd just bring out different sizes for the controllers. I really like how the original Xbox controller just fit.

I thought it felt alittle cheap like the Gamecube controller.
Definitely didn't seem as high quality as my wireless logitech.
But it's hard to tell when it's anchored to the kiosk.

While on the subject, I have one question regarding the four buttons (A B X Y), and not regarding placement, but the buttons itself. What I hate about the S-controller for the original Xbox is how they're shaped like a beads and round. So if you press it hard and/or for a long period of time, it hurts your thumb a little. That's why I always prefer DS2's more flat surface. Which is also good for fighting games where you have to slide through the buttons (unlike the Xbox).

So my question is, of course, if the new 360 controller have a more flat buttons (and how it comapares to DS2's)? Thanks.

.Z

Back