Xbox Series X [XBSX] [Release November 10 2020]

Sycologist

Newcomer
A little late to the party, but I finally found a Series X console in stock so I bought one. For the past year, I've been gaming on a Series S because I couldn't find a Series X in stock anywhere other than from scalpers. Also didn't want to hang onto the Series S after getting the X so traded it in at GameStop for store credit of $165. I keep postponing trading in my older Xbox One S for store credit due to being lazy and now they're only worth $66. Keeping my X1X though.

orangpelupa

Elite Bug Hunter
Legend
Lol I didn't realize my low end Yamaha avr startup time is actually fast.

Right after it made a relay click sound, Xbox whoooosh sound comes out

DSoup

Series Soup
Legend
Subscriber
Right!? Even when I cold power up, it's past that point by the time the AVR powers up or switches inputs.
Have you never turned on your Xbox when the TV/AVR was already on? like switching from watching TV?

AzBat

Agent of the Bat
Legend
I don't switch to Xbox from TV or anything else. I use Xbox all the time. I also don't use Energy Saver. Always run in Standby mode so I can always have the latest OS & game updates installed over night.

Tommy

DSoup

Series Soup
Legend
Subscriber
I don't switch to Xbox from TV or anything else. I use Xbox all the time. I also don't use Energy Saver. Always run in Standby mode so I can always have the latest OS & game updates installed over night.
My Series X is still not reliably downloading/installing all game updates. I am beginning to think is an unpublished-rule about what it will auto-download and install - which was the same for PS4 which I think auto-updated the last 6-8 games you had played. On my Series X some games are always kept up to date (the ones I play a lot), some games have patches downloaded but the patch has not installed and some games there is no download either.

orangpelupa

Elite Bug Hunter
Legend
I guess that's the bliss of series s. It's storage is so small, only very few games can be installed, so they are still inside the "always auto update" quota

Nisaaru

Veteran
IMHO the update feature is also unnecessary slow. Comparing some version numbers of installed games with the server shouldn't take minutes. It's like it does some deep scan of all files on all connected HDs

BRiT

(>• •)>⌐■-■ (⌐■-■)
Legend
Alpha
IMHO the update feature is also unnecessary slow. Comparing some version numbers of installed games with the server shouldn't take minutes. It's like it does some deep scan of all files on all connected HDs
When was the last time you looked at this? They had an update in this area on the insider rings a couple months ago. i don't know if its public yet.

I haven't had an update check take more than 15 seconds. It's 5 seconds to first display and another 10 seconds for additional checks.

Nisaaru

Veteran
Well, looking at the scan process it still takes ages so if there is an improvement it might not be public.

I have 3 volumes, 1TB XSX, 1TB SSD and 4TB HDD on USB3