Xbox Series X [XBSX] [Release November 10 2020]

It's so bad how much better Nintendo's store is than both of their console competitors.

You really think so ? Its so full of $1 games or games that are 80% off to get a low price to trick people into buying it. I guess its fine if your just looking for the Top nintendo games to buy. I just search for the game I want on all the platforms

It's so bad how much better Nintendo's store is than both of their console competitors.

Nintendo's store drives me nuts, the web experience is almost as bad as Microsoft's but the implementation on the Switch itself is better than Xbox game store so I'll give them that. Far prefer PS Store on device navigation if only because it loads faster than EShop and doesn't force a reload if I swap windows to the browser. The refusal to use the pretty good and gyro supporting standard text input for search in favour of that dial lock style input is maddening though

React is very flexible, this is its strong point, but how much a failure is that Microsoft can't make it work in c# and has to resort to it? This while explaining that c# is the language to use to target anything from web to iot mobile and desktop.

React is very flexible, this is its strong point, but how much a failure is that Microsoft can't make it work in c# and has to resort to it? This while explaining that c# is the language to use to target anything from web to iot mobile and desktop.

I thought that was HTML which is how most stores are using?

Tommy McClain

Well C# isn't really for front-ends, at least not web-based and hasn't been that way for a long time. They have so much tied into various Javascript or other Client-side libraries and custom parsers and tags for a while now. A lot of this comes down to most awesome web developers not wanting to mess with the C# aspects. Even when doing a C# Application a lot of the UI will be done in mark-up language syntax like WPF anyways.

They do have Blazer but that's still early on in the development lifecycle that I wouldn't move large scale applications to it, yet. https://dotnet.microsoft.com/apps/aspnet/web-apps/blazor But even this is using Razer style scripting syntax and is heavily HTML focused.

I don't want to derange the discussion, but microsoft is actually promoting its competing technology (recently blazor), and backing angular.
Now why must I keep using c# / xamarin instead of just react / native / electron?
In particular when the actual store implementation is so slow.

I don't want to derange the discussion, but microsoft is actually promoting its competing technology (recently blazor), and backing angular.
Now why must I keep using c# / xamarin instead of just react / native / electron?
In particular when the actual store implementation is so slow.

One final comment from me on this, but my god do I hate Angular. I wish it would disappear. I've been thrown into enhancing some web UI sites that were based on Angular. Every single one of them were absolute messes with no design for maintainability or testability. Every single one was easier to throw away and start from scratch with simple combination of HTML / XML or JSON / Javascript. I don't doubt it has it's uses, but everything I've seen created by typical UI developers with Angular has been utter shit.

You really think so ? Its so full of $1 games or games that are 80% off to get a low price to trick people into buying it. I guess its fine if your just looking for the Top nintendo games to buy. I just search for the game I want on all the platforms
The experience, not the library. The people who designed Nintendo's eShop had this crazy notion that what people wanted was to find games and buy them as simply and quickly as possible.

The experience, not the library. The people who designed Nintendo's eShop had this crazy notion that what people wanted was to find games and buy them as simply and quickly as possible.

oh yea i can't agree. I think its terrible and like i said i just search for the game i want on all platforms. Steam , GOG , Origin , Xbox and switch.. heck throw in oculus store when i owned oculus

Seems very similar, I'm guessing it's one of those things you feel more in the hand than see in photos, the current model is pretty good as is. I'm interested to hear if the did anything with LB/RB as I've never been mad on how they feel in any of their pads but improved imo between XB1 and the 360 pad (but I do prefer DualShock overall so it may be that like the stick placement it's just an inherent difference)

Back