Xbox Series X [XBSX] [Release November 10 2020]

It might be an early release, streaming worlds like that wont be this smooth on a standard HDD i assume.

The world's streaming from Azure servers. It augments some things as you get closer but I'm sure it looks like garbage up close a lot of the time (which doesn't matter for a flight sim)

The world's streaming from Azure servers. It augments some things as you get closer but I'm sure it looks like garbage up close a lot of the time (which doesn't matter for a flight sim)

It's surprisingly detailed as you get closer to the ground. In one of the videos that they released, it showed individual blades of grass rendered in a field.

But as there is not yet any public footage of free roaming, there's no way to tell just how prevalent something like that is in the game.

Regards,
SB

It's surprisingly detailed as you get closer to the ground. In one of the videos that they released, it showed individual blades of grass rendered in a field.

But as there is not yet any public footage of free roaming, there's no way to tell just how prevalent something like that is in the game.

They're doing something funky for tree replacement and airport buildings as well. As you say, have to wait for public footage to see how well that works.

There must be limits though. Landing on your street is likely to be a photogrammetry mess.

A confirmation to what we knew ;) Amd does an amazing job, their cpus, gpu in console and 80cu gpus coming.
To be fair we had a you do the math quote which to some left some wiggle room, twice the power of Xbox ONE X could be less than 12 Navi tf if we are measuring in game performance.

Now its official, 12 Navi floparoos to bolster the list warriors arsenal.

On Smart Delivery, can't help but think publishers will choose to be nobs, rather than consumer friendly. :D

you only have to purchase a title once in order to play the best available version for whichever Xbox console they choose to play on. This technology is available for all developers and publishers, and they can choose to use it for titles that will be release on Xbox One first and come to the Xbox Series X later

On Smart Delivery, can't help but think publishers will choose to be nobs, rather than consumer friendly. :D
Indeed... Question is how they can convince publishers that it's in their interests not to split the online userbase or even just allowing cross-generation DLC transfer to avoid angry consumers. Even if their concern is multiple people playing the same account, the internet connection should make it a moot point for most of the relevant titles, I would think (just off the top of my head).

Consumer expectations have shifted over the years, I hope.

Most assumed 12TF for the xsx, coming from amds testlab leaks also.
Pretty much everyone assumed 12 TFs from the 'twice XB1X' quote, plus RDNA flops and not GCN flops because, as explained at the time, talking flops in terms of previous architectures makes zero sense and is something never done before. I guess it's nice to have confirmation of the interpretations explained before (like 'what does custom next-gen Nvavi/RDNA mean?'), but there are no surprises here since the official reveal and subsequent public talks.

Back