XBox One Backwards Compatibility and Xbox One X Enhancements for X360 and OG (XO XOX BC)

Some of the games that get backwards compatibility just make me wish the PS4 had it too. Virtua Fighter Final Showdown is one of the games I wish I could play on my PS4 without having to turn my PS3 on. The PS4 controller is also perfect for precision in fighting games since I find the D-Pad immensely better than the PS3's or XBOX One's
A bit OT. But what is the most tried and true way of stopping 2P spam? It's killing me how effective it is overall at just interrupting things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm actually getting more frame-drops than the test for Lost Odyssey, but it is probably due to the preview OS. It's still fairly rare though.

I'm fairly sure it's the OS because I also get it in other games that I wasn't getting it in before like Rocket League and Halo 5.

Where are your experiencing the frame rate drops?

Crouch punch.

Its been a long time since I played some Virtua Fighter (I rarely turn on my PS3 anymore) so I cant really remember. I know that I use it to interrupt combos or someone's high attacks. But I cant remember it being too effective all the time. I remember that some attacks could go through launch me depending on the opponent.

oops, my bad. I didn't realise that, it sounds funny in my language though //the mistaken name I gave to the game.

Lost Odyssey framerate comparison.

well that reflects my experience with the game. Loading times are quicker (even before I had it installed on a fast usb-stick in my 360) and also it is much smoother now. but for a game like this, framerates aren't that important.

But wasn't Lost Odyssey one of those games, that had an ingame resolution occording to that, what you set your xbox 360 on. As far as I remember it could be run in 720p, 1080i and 1080p with different results in terms of performance.

btw, thx to BC I finally finished the game. Stopped playing it (last try 2013) not far from the end. After "only" 8 years (first savegame), I finally finished it ^^.

Also, they seemed to fix the input lag for BC titels. At least in Lost Odyssey I managed to get perfect hits. In South-park it was impossible for me to hit the buttons at the right time (also in mass effect ... no on the orignal xbox 360 only when running on xbox one BC). Time to try these BC titels again.

Last edited:
well that reflects my experience with the game. Loading times are quicker (even before I had it installed on a fast usb-stick in my 360) and also it is much smoother now. but for a game like this, framerates aren't that important.

But wasn't Lost Odyssey one of those games, that had an ingame resolution occording to that, what you set your xbox 360 on. As far as I remember it could be run in 720p, 1080i and 1080p with different results in terms of performance.

btw, thx to BC I finally finished the game. Stopped playing it (last try 2013) not far from the end. After "only" 8 years (first savegame), I finally finished it ^^.

Also, they seemed to fix the input lag for BC titels. At least in Lost Odyssey I managed to get perfect hits. In South-park it was impossible for me to hit the buttons at the right time (also in mass effect ... no on the orignal xbox 360 only when running on xbox one BC). Time to try these BC titels again.

How did you get that save file?

Where are your experiencing the frame rate drops?

It's at random points, but mostly cut scenes. I only mention it because some GAF forum members and youtube analysis vid mentions they only encountered it very infrequently.

It also could be due to the preview dashboard OS that I'm on as I'm getting the same thing happening on Halo 5 and Rocket League.

It doesn't really effect the gameplay so I'm on a personal quest to finish this game once and for all.

It's at random points, but mostly cut scenes. I only mention it because some GAF forum members and youtube analysis vid mentions they only encountered it very infrequently.

It also could be due to the preview dashboard OS that I'm on as I'm getting the same thing happening on Halo 5 and Rocket League.

It doesn't really effect the gameplay so I'm on a personal quest to finish this game once and for all.

The frame rate on the Xbox One version can drop during cutscenes, especially when the game does a splitscreen view. That seems to be normal and might not be due to the preview dashboard os.

The frame rate on the Xbox One version can drop during cutscenes, especially when the game does a splitscreen view. That seems to be normal and might not be due to the preview dashboard os.

Yeah I've read that, but I'm getting them even outside of those.

Edit: I'm playing some more tonight, so I'll keep looking out for it in mind. It's not bad enough to ruin my enjoyment of the game as it's not one of those titles where it'll make a difference as long as it doesn't occur during a "ring" attack sequence which I haven't noticed.

If you still have game saves on your 360, then boot it up & save them to the cloud. You should then see them on your XB1 too. Unfortunately not all 360 games support cloud saves.

Tommy McClain
but you can move the savefiles manually to the cloud. Only some arcade games don't have separat savegames.

but you can move the savefiles manually to the cloud. Only some arcade games don't have separat savegames.

I just thought it was incredible you started lol had your save lol

new bc games!

Ct755sAUkAAhDnL.jpg
Ct756aiUsAAn9uI.png
Ct757VuUkAAQSoK.jpg

I have Puzzle Quest 2 and like it a lot -not more than the original though- and had Sonic All Stars Racing back in the day.

will Sonic All Stars Racing finally run at 60 fps on the Xbox One? :confused:

Well, I tried mass effect again, yesterday. And guess what, the input-lag is gone. I'm now able to finish those mini-games on my xbox one (where you must press buttons in the right way to "hack" something).
Also combat seems to be much smoother now.

Backwards compatibility is almost making me consider an XB1 for all the 360 games I missed out on. Probably gonna wait for scorpio though and see what happens.

Classic Xbox bc is not ruled out, according to Spencer.

35fCOx8.png

ZW0axoU.jpg

give me PGR2 compatibility and Doom 3 and Ninja Gaiden Black and so on and I'd be happy. Even Larry Leisure Suit and many other games I played for hours and hours.

Back