Xbox Live NOT Hacked, [HOAX: Xbox Live apparently hacked! ]

Cyan

orange
Legend
Supporter
MOD UPDATE: http://www.gamespot.com/news/xbox-live-not-hacked-6408840

[UPDATE] Following the publication of this story, Microsoft confirmed with GameSpot that Xbox Live has not been hacked.

"Xbox Live has not been hacked," a company representative said. "Microsoft can confirm that there has been no breach to the security of our Xbox Live service."

Original post below:
It's a Pastebin rumour, so I don't trust a single word of it. Especially after the Xbox One specs debacle, where all the thrilling rumours about the specs came from there.

But there it is. I am not worried. I have a Xbox gold subscription til November 2014 and I paid using Paypal, but other people's info could have been compromised, if true.

My gamertag is my real name. So it was pretty public already. Other than that, I don't have any delicate info there.
http://pastebin.com/zEjieFtr
I certainly doubt this, though.

I have a feeling that they are taking advantage of the pulling power of the hatred generated towards Microsoft as of late. Too much of a coincidence, if you ask me.

(thanks Master for the news)

Last edited by a moderator:
Other sites are claiming this as a fake.

If you dont trust a single word of it, why post it? Another day, another pointless pastebin conspiracy.

Ah, should have verified the authenticity first before posting here.

Other sites are claiming this as a fake.
Maybe as a warning to people with Live accounts?
I certainly wouldn't mind to have the thread deleted if it's proven that it is fake -which seems to be, most likely-, but I posted it just in case, you never know...

If it's a fake, I hope to eventually get it deleted, not to polute the forum (I can't myself, though). Moderators here are known for being quite upright and reliable, so I don't think this should be an issue.

cheers

I certainly wouldn't mind to have the thread deleted if it's proven that it is fake -which seems to be, most likely-, but I posted it just in case, you never know...

If it's a fake, I hope to eventually get it deleted, not to polute the forum (I can't myself, though). Moderators here are known for being quite upright and reliable, so I don't think this should be an issue.

cheers

That or we could merge it with the Xbox 1 special sauce thread. :cool:

Back