Xbox Game Pass, Game Pass Ultimate now Includes EA Play! [XGP, GamePass]

I am sure the prospect of a good amount of money the first few months and then some money ever month for many years if not decades is a better prospect than a larger amount up front and then nothing after a few months

It’s not an “either or” proposition as the existence of these services allows the reality of both revenue through direct purchase and through subscription.

Xbox Game Pass at X019: Announcing New Games and the Ultimate Holiday Offer

Summary
  • If you haven‘t tried Xbox Game Pass Ultimate yet, get your first 3 months for $1
  • For a limited time, all eligible Xbox Game Pass Ultimate members get 1 month of EA Access, 3 months of Discord Nitro, and 6 months of Spotify Premium

XboxGP_X019_final.jpg

And now that we’ve got your attention and you’ve got all these new holiday perks, we’ll just keep piling on with all the new games we announced at X019.

That’s a lot of games, so here’s a list of what you can play today:
  • Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition (PC)
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall (Console, coming soon to PC)
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet Edition (PC)
  • LEGO: The Ninjago Movie Videogame (Console)
  • Rage 2 (Console & PC)
  • Remnant: From the Ashes (Console)
  • The Talos Principle (Console & PC)
  • Tracks: The Train Set Game (Console & PC)

And here’s another list of games coming to Xbox Game Pass beginning this holiday and throughout 2020.
  • Carrion (Console & PC) – ID@Xbox
  • Cris Tales (Console & PC) – ID@Xbox
  • Cyber Shadow (Console & PC)
  • Darksiders III (Console & PC)
  • Double Kick Heroes (Console & PC) – ID@Xbox
  • Drake Hollow (Console & PC) – ID@Xbox
  • Edge of Eternity (Console & PC) – ID@Xbox
  • Final Fantasy franchise (Console & PC)
    • Final Fantasy VII
    • Final Fantasy VIII: Remastered
    • Final Fantasy IX
    • Final Fantasy X: HD Remastered
    • Final Fantasy X-2: HD Remastered
    • Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age
    • Final Fantasy XIII
    • Final Fantasy XIII-2
    • Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
    • Final Fantasy XV
  • Forager (Console & PC) – ID@Xbox
  • Haven (Console & PC) – ID@Xbox
  • It Lurks Below (Console & PC) – ID@Xbox
  • Levelhead (Console & PC) – ID@Xbox
  • Life Is Strange 2: Episodes 4 & 5 (Console)
  • My Friend Pedro (Console/PC)
  • Pandemic (PC)
  • PHOGS (Console & PC) – ID@Xbox
  • She Dreams Elsewhere (Console & PC) – ID@Xbox
  • SkateBird (Console & PC) – ID@Xbox
  • Streets of Rage 4 (Console & PC) – ID@Xbox
  • Scourge Bringer (Console & PC) – ID@Xbox
  • Supraland (Console) – ID@Xbox
  • Tekken 7 (Console)
  • Touhou Luna Nights (Console & PC) – ID@Xbox
  • The Escapists 2 (Console)
  • The Red Lantern (Console) – ID@Xbox
  • The Red Strings Club (PC)
  • The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (Console)
  • Vambrace: Cold Soul (Console & PC)
  • West of Dead (Console & PC)
  • Yakuza franchise (Console & PC)
    • Yakuza 0
    • Yakuza Kiwami
    • Yakuza Kiwami 2
I’m betting you hadn’t forgotten our promise to bring Xbox Game Studios games to Xbox Game Pass the same day as their launch – like Age of Empires: Definitive Edition, which celebrates the 20th anniversary of the most popular strategy games ever! Pretty sure I mentioned before that it’s available today, but it’s worth saying again, it’s available today.

After playing Below, I'm not sure I can do Undermine. So jaded on it.

:LOL:

Same here. Though I don't know what jaded me more, Below or Cup-Head. This is when I wish consoles had Trainers for Single-Player titles.

:LOL:

Same here. Though I don't know what jaded me more, Below or Cup-Head. This is when I wish consoles had Trainers for Single-Player titles.
I made it to the 2nd last boss (Dice Man) I gave up there for cup-head.
For below I made it to like depth 18 or something where it started opening up secret areas.
Then I kept dying.

Yeah, this is one of those 1st world problems I didn't think I'd have to this extent with Game Pass for PC.

I have absolutely zero hope of being able to keep up with the speed at which they release games on the service. I guess better to have more games than you can possibly ever play (while keeping up with real life) than to have too few games.

Regards,
SB

Yeah, this is one of those 1st world problems I didn't think I'd have to this extent with Game Pass for PC.

I have absolutely zero hope of being able to keep up with the speed at which they release games on the service. I guess better to have more games than you can possibly ever play (while keeping up with real life) than to have too few games.

Regards,
SB
Why on earth would you want to try and play every game? Is this something to do with paying a monthly subscription so there's some kind of silly notion that if you don't then you're not getting your full money's worth?

Why on earth would you want to try and play every game? Is this something to do with paying a monthly subscription so there's some kind of silly notion that if you don't then you're not getting your full money's worth?

Not ALL the games, just the games I'm interested in and/or sound interesting. Hell, I really want to play Age of Wonders, but I'm not even going to bother installing it because I don't have time to play it, let alone the other games I was interested in from December, like Halo: Reach. I was really looking forward to playing through the campaign again for that. But no time, and there were many other games from Dec. that I'd like to play or try out.

Regards,
SB

On a related note, is there any time limit on how long games are available on Game Pass? Does a publisher sign up their game for X years and then it's no longer available if they choose to not renew?

On a related note, is there any time limit on how long games are available on Game Pass? Does a publisher sign up their game for X years and then it's no longer available if they choose to not renew?

Something like that. I think the shortest ever amount of time I've seen items on there has been 6 months (Lego City Undercover), but most time durations have been an entire year, and some have been on for longer. Some have been on it, left, and then returned a month or two later, which I assume was them having a hiccup in the renewal agreement.

Microsoft doubling down on Game Pass Quests...

What’s New?

We have more Quests… a lot more. Try somewhere around 90. We have Quests that you can complete every day, some that are every week, some that are every month and exclusive weekly Quests for Xbox Game Pass Ultimate members.

What’s Changed?

Our goal with the Quests program is to help you discover and try new games and be rewarded for playing the Xbox Game Pass games you love. We heard your feedback about improving Quests and making this a better experience while gaming, so you can now play any Xbox Game Pass console game to earn points. We’ll still have Quests around specific games, so Quests will continue to be a great way for you to discover games you may not have tried yet. You will also get notified in real time when you complete a Quest! Even if you complete a Quest without knowing it, you’ll get a notification, so you never leave points on the table.

How Do I Earn Points?

Some Quests are completed based on your progression of specific game stats. You can find game stats for a specific game by going to “Achievements,” click “See all my achievements,” then pick a game from the games list below “Compare Games” and choose “Stats” in the left-hand menu underneath “Achievements.” If you do not see your game in the list, launch the game and once you come back to the achievements overview, you should see the game.

You can download the Xbox Game Pass mobile app to see all the Quests available now or check out the quest page on your console. Take a look at some you can get in on right now until March 2:

Daily:

• All Xbox Game Pass console games: Earn 15 points by playing any Xbox Game Pass console Game
  • Mobile app: Earn 15 points by logging in to the Xbox Game Pass mobile app
Weekly:

• All Xbox Game Pass games: Earn 50 points by earning an achievement in any Xbox Game Pass console game this week
  • (For Ultimate members only) Payday 2: Complete 3 heists in Payday 2: Crimewave Edition to earn 75 points
Monthly:

• Earn 1,000 points by completing 45 daily Quests and 15 weekly Quests this month
  • Grand Theft Auto V: Earn 100 points by stealing 35 cars in GTA: V
Keep an eye on the Xbox Game Pass Twitter account, we’ll share regular reminders about Quests (along with our general shower thoughts that pop into our brains about video games). Happy gaming everyone!

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/02/04/next-chapter-xbox-game-pass-quests/

I've been testing these out in Preview the past couple of months. You can get some serious points accumulated in a short amount of time. It's a game changer. Gaming fuels more gaming.

Tommy McClain

whoa FFXV! but i suspect it wont include the "episodes"? Btw can we inject save games to windows store games? I dont want to play it from the beginning again.

EDIT:
found a way for other game to extract UWP game save data to steam https://forums.thimbleweedpark.com/t/using-windows-store-save-games-with-steam/2528/19

but how to pack steam save to UWP... hmm...

Back