Xbox Game Pass, Game Pass Ultimate now Includes EA Play! [XGP, GamePass]

As part of the XO18 event, Inside Xbox has multiple titles to announce for Xbox Games Pass today.

PUBG, PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds, hits XGP in 2 days.

Crackdown 3 on Feb 15th, 2019.

Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice coming to XGP in December.

Thief of Thieves available Today.

~~~
Crackdown 1 is Free to own for everyone from the Xbox Store until November 30th for those who haven't picked it up when it was part of Games With Gold.

https://majornelson.com/2019/02/20/...ien-isolation-the-walking-dead-season-2-more/

February-20_XGP_Announce-asset.png

Loved the Arkham games, but I'm not sure I can handle going back to the old mechanics. That's a situation where I'd use CheatEngine on PC.

Never finished Alien: Isolation (PC). I think that's a game I'd like to play as a backseat driver. :V Still curious about the 10-bit/30bpp setting.

Headlander seems neat.

Last edited:
I wonder if XGP Minecraft includes some of the DLCs or not. If not then a shopping trip at CDKeys may be in order, they have a lot of the MineCraft DLC packs for $2 or less (normal price at $20).

Quick heads up for those working the MS Rewards programs, the current reward discounted offer is Xbox Game Pass. The 3 months redemption is discounted 25%, so 13500 points instead of the 18000.

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2019/03/22/id-xbox-announces-id-xbox-game-pass/

ID@Xbox Game Pass, a stream highlighting great indie games coming soon to Xbox Game Pass, premiering March 26 at 9:00 AM PDT. In this show, you can expect to learn more about some of the hottest ID@Xbox titles coming to Xbox Game Pass with new reveals, gameplay highlights, and conversations with the developers. Fans will be able to check out our first ever episode here.

Oh. It's a show.

https://twinfinite.net/2019/03/xbox-game-pass-developer/

hm.

"we initially thought it could cannibalize our other sales or what’s that gonna do, and actually it was just the opposite. It was something that lifted sort of all of our sales because we found that we found a lot of new audiences. We found people who tried the game who wouldn’t have otherwise tried it, they might not have understood the genre… It has really become a super-important part of our ecosystem because it’s just really discoverable.”
I think if you look a few years ago, a team of our size, even taking a swing at Oxenfree — a single-player fairly short experience — was semi-risky, and fortunately, the game paid off.

Yet, now working with you on Game Pass, we get to find a much larger audience in a way that isn’t “how do we jam this game full of free to play mechanics” which is something that really doesn’t jive with the creatives for it.”

-------------

the Game Pass team is looking at ways to give subscribers advance notice about games that are going to be removed from the service. The challenge is that they have to be “really respectful of the gamer” when sending notifications so that they’re not spammy.

There are a lot of questions about various elements like placing those notices in the user interface so that they aren’t seen as ads. They’re trying to find the right way to communicate this kind of data effectively and respectfully.

How do video streaming services communicate this?

How do video streaming services communicate this?

As to services giving notice about items about to be removed from the service, they typically don't give any notice (Netflix, Prime) . The only closest I've seen to this is from the cable On-Demand systems included with your channel subscriptions. They sometimes but not always, will have a "Valid until" or "Expiration" date on videos. Even then nearly all the items are 'renewed' once that time hits, so the information becomes meaningless. Why bother checking the expiration date when it's always renewed, and why would HBO/Showtime/Starz/Cinemax ever expire their own exclusive content from On-Demand?

So there's no solid means I've seen to communicate this. I mostly catch the "What's New" and "What's Leaving" info posted on TA/Twitter/Reddit or other web sites about GamePass and Netflix.

They've dedicated an entire bloody tab on the dashboard. Can they not just have a tile beside the "Recently Added" for "Leaving Soon".

Edit:

Ok, so they've got three immediate rows of tiles:

1. Row 1: gigantic wide-aspect ratio tile for one game.
  2. Row 2: four side-by-side tiles
  3. Row 3: two text tiles "Show All" and Search. They don't even take up the entire width, so they could actually add more.
Surely they could add more to the third row.
  • Ditch the "Recently Added" & "Most Popular" tiles in row 2. Dedicate Row 2 to four games - the publishers can pay whatever ad monies for being featured there.
  • add more text tiles in row 3. e.g. Show All, Featured, Most Popular, Recently Added, Leaving Soon,
Everything below that is a waste of page up/down IMO, but w/e. The WinStore mimicry needs to be nuked from orbit.

Last edited:
Back