Xbox Game Pass, Game Pass Ultimate now Includes EA Play! [XGP, GamePass]

I always have mixed feelings about Gold/Plus. It's felt egregious next to 'free' multiplayer on PC or Steam. Live was a significant leader in how multiplayer should work though.

I don't usually play multiplayer these days, so not really sure what the modern landscape looks like.
The problem now is that PC uses the same network as console but get it for free.
Same voice chat, multiplayer network etc.
In the past was easy to see why paid for 'network' features as was a leader as you say.

I know I'm talking about a single dollar difference, but I think this was an opportunity to take a big step towards on the surface bringing a level of parity/fairness.

So I was looking at the list of games that come with Core, and I have to say, I love Psychonauts 2, Hellblade, Dishonored 2, Fallout 4, Fable and Inside, but you would think they would all be multiplayer games included with your multiplayer service.

So I was looking at the list of games that come with Core, and I have to say, I love Psychonauts 2, Hellblade, Dishonored 2, Fallout 4, Fable and Inside, but you would think they would all be multiplayer games included with your multiplayer service.
I can understand stuff like Hellblade since it has a sequal coming out shortly and the same with fable games but I can only imagine they want gamers to go out and buy and play the multiplayer games to get more revenue

I can understand stuff like Hellblade since it has a sequal coming out shortly and the same with fable games but I can only imagine they want gamers to go out and buy and play the multiplayer games to get more revenue
Or use it as an introduction and make people want to upgrade to higher tier.
So people play forza h:4 like it and can subscribe to higher tier for 5 etc.
Giving enough tasters for people to see the value of subscription service.

Back