Xbox Game Pass for PC Announced [XGP:PC]

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by iroboto, May 30, 2019.

1. Cyan

Cyan orange
    Legend Veteran

https://www.microsoft.com/es-es/p/juegos-de-pc-de-xbox-game-pass

I am trying to subscribe in the link above, but it seems that they are waiting for the E3 event. 1€ the first month, 3.99€ every month.... They even have Football Manager 2019.

2. Jay

Jay
    Veteran Regular

Pretty much same reason for last couple years.
    If you don't want to game on PC, like to have console in living room and PC in another.

Some people hate PC's, some consoles, in the end you have the option so it's personal choice.

Cyan likes this.
  3. DJ12

Veteran

As I've already got game pass on the 1 pound for 3 months trail the 1 disappears when I log in but when I clicked the link it asked me to pay no problem. Maybe a local issue.

4. Cyan

Cyan orange
    Legend Veteran

finally managed to subscribe to the service. Games appear to be grayed out atm though.

5. AzBat

AzBat Agent of the Bat
    Legend Veteran

As an Insider I got Game Pass Ultimate for $1. You get the $1/mo until launch in the fall. If you're like me & already have a balance on Gold & Game Pass, then they will apply your balance to it up to 36 months.

Tommy McClain

Zaphod and Lightman like this.
  6. BRiT

BRiT Verified (╯°□°)╯
    Moderator Legend Alpha

Concerning Game Pass Ultimate...

The best deal seems to be pre-loading your account with Live Gold and Game Pass before converting. So if you have 12 months Gold and 12 months of Game Pass, that seems to be 25 months of Game Pass Ultimate for the $1 cost!

From what people are saying at ResetEra:
    I hope I get the following part right as it doesn't seem to be fully written up. After your account is converted, the conversion seems to be on a straight up money valuation.

A 3 month Gold is converted to 2 Months Game Pass Ultimate
    A 12 month Gold is converted to 4 Months Game Pass Ultimate.
    A 14 day Game Pass code is converted to 9 Day Game Pass Ultimate.

AzBat likes this.
  7. Malo

Malo Yak Mechanicum
    Legend Veteran Subscriber

So various posts around on the Game Pass are stating $5/month, which is incorrect. It's $10/month, but $5 during beta.

BRiT likes this.
  8. Cyan

Cyan orange
    Legend Veteran

9. BRiT

BRiT Verified (╯°□°)╯
    Moderator Legend Alpha

Most likely it's to drive people to the Game Pass Ultimate for $15 a month. I'm assuming the $15 a month for Ultimate is the full retail price and not some special introductory pricing scheme.

Cyan likes this.
  10. Malo

Malo Yak Mechanicum

Yeah the only pricing discount for this PC beta seems to be just the PC pass.

xboxpass.JPG

AzBat and BRiT like this.
  11. Cyan

Cyan orange
    Legend Veteran

trying it already. I am downloading Wasteland 2:

[​IMG]

BRiT likes this.
  12. BRiT

BRiT Verified (╯°□°)╯
    Moderator Legend Alpha

Tweet from Xbox Game Pass for PC has a video showing how to install the Beta App. Although earlier today when I tried, it said I had to be on a newer version of Win 10 OS.

13. Cyan

Cyan orange
    Legend Veteran

still, if you aren't planning to use Xbox Live Gold -my case, for instance- the Game Pass for PC is the most attractive. If you don't have an Xbox, I don't see the need for XBL Gold. Also, your friends are still available in your Xbox app and you can message them, party with them, using the PC.

BRiT likes this.
  14. AzBat

AzBat Agent of the Bat
    Legend Veteran

Yeah looks like they went with a Win32 app using Electron instead of the UWP app they had?

Feedback I've seen on Twitter hasn't been great.

Tommy McClain

15. AzBat

AzBat Agent of the Bat
    Legend Veteran

I can understand that, but remember Gold doesn't get you just multiplayer on Xbox. It also gets you 2 Xbox One games & 2 Xbox 360 games a month & when xCloud ships you can play those on your PC. ;) Get gold & build up a large catalog of games. If you had gotten every Games with Gold games since the start you would have a catalog of almost 300 games by now. And with Game Pass Ultimate you add another catalog of console games too. Personally I think at $15/mo Game Pass Ultimate is the best value in gaming ever. Makes GP on Xbox $5, GP on PC $5 & Gold $5. I think if you're just paying $10/mo just for GP on PC you're not spending your money wisely.

Tommy McClain

Lightman, Jay and BRiT like this.
  16. Jay

Jay
    Veteran Regular

This is some of the reasons I think they should roll Xcloud into gold.

Cyan, AzBat and BRiT like this.
  17. TheAlSpark

TheAlSpark Moderator
    Moderator Legend

I think you need 1903? Or... something. The installer is pointing me to update Windows but it's doing the work for me, grabbing the update tool etc.

couple notes:

• probably should have auto-pinned the app to the start menu or something. I forgot what the app was called (between the renamed Xbox Console Companion and beta and this...)
    • the interface only asks you where to install games the first time around, and defaults it to that location for subsequent titles -> make it like steam and ask everytime (or at least have a toggle about asking)
    • the games list page is a bloody wreck like you're being forced to browse imgur without tabs and everytime you hit back after clicking a link, the entire list is randomized with no way to sort.

Silent_Buddha likes this.
  18. Malo

Malo Yak Mechanicum

What kind of installs are these games? I'm hoping GFE would be able to pick them up to allow streaming to my Shield. I doubt MS would ever implement streaming to a non-Xbox device.

19. Zaphod

Zaphod Remember
    Veteran

That's pretty neat, thanks! They might even be more lenient than that, atm. I was pretty sure I only had 31-32 months of combined Gold+Game pass, but still I got the full three years of "free" ultimate.

Of course, it might be that I am utterly unable to count; but that just means I'll have to apply the €12 3-month ultimate promo code I got from MS at a later date.

Edit: Reading further, if they count current month for each additional sub +1 (even if past the renewal day of month) and the additional €1 month as 2, that may have summed up to 36 for me.

Still, a year and a half of games pass (Xbox), a year and half of gold and 3 years of games pass (PC) for €1 is pretty great. Now only to wait for my PC to update to 1903 for the client ("Your PC is not quite ready yet..."). Meanwhile, I'm grabbing Thimbleweed Park from the store.

#39 Zaphod, Jun 11, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2019
    BRiT and AzBat like this.
  20. Cyan

Cyan orange
    Legend Veteran

that's what uncle Phil said. Freedom of choice, be it via console, PC, another device, the cloud... Gamers choose. I dont like Stadia, nor xCloud or PSNow, but some people could find it useful.

Btw, I got 4 gamepass games. Wasteland 2, Tyranny Gold Edition, Imperator Rome (those 3 are the kind of games I like to play) and Football Manager 2019. (out of curiosity)

I noticed you can buy some games with a discount, but not others?