Xbox gaining traction and GC struggling?

Sense people have been posting BS/rumors around here i thought I might join in the fun.

-BTW when should we expect to see NOV sales for consoles?

NPD numbers (add 50% to get the true sales):

PS2 1.3 million
Xbox 468,000
GC 468,000
GBA 1.3 million

Software (add 50% to get the true sales):

Top 10 Xbox:

Splinter Cell 223,879
Mech Assault 118,475
Ghost Recon 115,330
Unreal Championship 110,970
Mortal Kombat 104,155
MOH: Frontline 96,885
Halo 99,884
MGS2: Substance 69,121
Tony Hawk 4 55,749
Bond 007: Nightfire 53,279

Top 10 PS2

GTA: Vice City 1,452,729
WWE: Shut Your Mouth 348,515
Tony Hawk 4 321,941
Madden NFL 2003 240,796
LOTR: TT 203,802
Mortal Kombat 202,592
Kingdom Hearts 182,418
Harry Potter 148,166
NBA Live 141,402
Bond 007: Nightfire 136,779

Top 10 GC Games

Metroid Prime 363,389
Mario Party 4 166,975
Super Mario Sunshine 131,498
Resident Evil 0 113,301
Harry Potter 83,998
Star Fox Adventures 66,695
Animal Crossing 61,806
Super Smash Bros Melee 50,832
Bond 007: Nightfire 49,897
Star Wars: Clone Wars 46,096

Before you guys said add 40% now, you're saying add 50% to all NDP numbers? The numbers they give aren't that wrong. They also do a projection of all the numbers based on the store chains they can't get any info from. I think max, there's a 20% chance of error they way they are handling the numbers. Certainly NOT 50%.

Xbox and GC hardware are tied....? That seems kind of contrary to everything else we've been hearing.

Heh, xbox what, cube what?

Xbox is dead in japan...

They're only doing good in europe due to their massive price reductions and bundles... especially in the UK... Let's give SC, Halo, etc... away in our bundles!!!

In the Us it appears their lead is shrinking!!!!

The one gaining traction is cube whose numbers have risen in japan, and are improving in the US, plus not to bad in EU... the one struggling is MS giving free games, doing massive price-cuts... and dead in one continent already... :LOL:

remember most young kids will be getting a cube for x mass and most of the software , i would say 80% of what nintendo sells in a year will come from this time period. Anyone here remember being 10 ? when did you get all your video games , birth day and x mass right ?

zurich said:
Xbox and GC hardware are tied....? That seems kind of contrary to everything else we've been hearing.

because you are listening too much the xbox guys ;)

The fact the GC market is younger does not help him to be vocal on the internet PC-geek centric word.

remember most young kids will be getting a cube for x mass and most of the software , i would say 80% of what nintendo sells in a year will come from this time period. Anyone here remember being 10 ? when did you get all your video games , birth day and x mass right

So GameCube catching XBox in November has nothing to do with Resident Evil 0 and Metroid Prime both being released that month then? Common, those games are the reason for GameCube's rise in sales, not your silly kiddy argument.

As for software, GameCube has been outselling XBox software pretty much every month, not just near Christmas.

I hope yo ugot this from my other post but. I'm not saying that kids are the reason its going to outsell the xbox (hell i think if a new game came out for the dreamcast and it was good it would sell better than xbox games) I'm saying this is thier best time of year because they have the largest user base of under 14 year olds. They have people like me , 21 years old that goes out and buys res 0 and metriod as soon as they come out and they have alot of people like that. But close to half thier userbase is kids under 14 and this will only grow as the system gets older. That is why you will see some kiddy games hit the top ten and top twenty. when your 9 years old your not going to go out and buy metriod or super mario sunshine as soon as it comes out unless you've been saving allowance . But you will prob get 5 games for x mass. Trust me , when zelda comes out it will sell at close to a 1:2 (one game for every 2 systems ) and all this way before x mass. Its been shown many times.

jvd said:
remember most young kids will be getting a cube for x mass and most of the software , i would say 80% of what nintendo sells in a year will come from this time period. Anyone here remember being 10 ? when did you get all your video games , birth day and x mass right ?

I think 80% is much too extreme, try 60% or something like that... ;)

Back