Xbox 360 Wireless Racing Wheel

No, it isn't. At least, it has a custom Xbox 360 plug, who knows what you may be able to do with a soldering iron. ;)

All the wheels you can use with the PS3 you can also use with the PC however (particularly just about everything from Logitech except the red Momo wheel). You should be able to get the older Driving Force Pro wheel for a fair price (shop around and you may be able to hit $50) especially with a newer version of this wheel being released shortly for the PS3 / GT5 Prologue.

Actually it is compatible - but as with all wireless devices on 360 you'll need a wireless receiver for PC. Refer to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xbox_360_accessories#Wireless_Gaming_Receiver

I have one and it's great for controllers - haven't tried the wheel however, since I don't have one, but it should be picked up given the push for for standardisation under Games for Windows. I got mine from Play Asia for cheap - http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-df-49-en-15-360+wireless+receiver-70-1ui3.html ... It's great having all your gaming accessories painlessly work on your PC too. Excellent for emulation, too.

Arwin - what do you mean by "custom Xbox 360 plug"? It's wireless for a start - and wired controllers are USB devices. All of these work on PC too - I have tried with both controllers and my arcade stick.

Ah, of course, why didn't I think of that? :blush: I even have the darn thing myself.

I own a old school Logitech GT force (my dad bought it so he could play gt3)
And I also own a MS wireless wheel, and after playing Forza 2, PGR, Dirt, etc

I have to say I am disappointed with the overall strength and resolution of the wheels
force feedback compared to my old wheel (what 5yrs old now, and still kicking))

One thing it does well though, are the pedals and the fact that its wireless, it also vibrates :)
Thus my disappointment of logitech not going wireless on their new wheel, and also retaining the same style pedals :(

Now the only thing stopping me from getting a g25 in time for Prologue. Is that i'm uncertain that the new wheel uses better motors for the force feedback than the g25, I need a Review!!!!
Anyone?

Ps anyone want to buy a cheap MS wheel in AUS?? :p

Does everyone else here get static from the headphone port on the the wheel? I'm planning on returning one because of the issue. Asking around on the Xbox forums it seems like a common problem.

I haven't been able to use the headset connection on the wheel either - people were always telling me to turn the darn thing off.

Back