Xbox 360 Wireless Adapter

Jack_Tripper

Newcomer
Ok, this is wierd - Think I've got a hardware failure here. I recently had my 1st generation Xbox 360 die (oddly enough it didn't RROD - it just boots then about 30 seconds into any game, gray screens out and locks up) - and by 1st generation...I mean I won it in that Mountain Dew Contest all those years ago.

So I went out and picked up an elite - (like the black and had been using my VGA connection forever - so HDMI was a plus) - overall I'm very happy with the elite- it's ALOT quieter and a little zippier around the blads tab - but I do have one nagging little problem

Everytime I boot up, my wireless adapter boots up just fine (it's the little 100 dollar MS one made for the console) - it'll stay connected for about 2 minutes - then drops signal (starts by saying I've been disconnected from Messenger then I'm disconnected from live) - when I manually try and reconnect - it tells me that no network resource is available - I checked the actual device - and it "red lights" out. I can fix this by rebooting the console - and when I do that - it stays powered on for hours and hours of gaming bliss. So this appears to be some sort of power issue - like it's underpowered the first time it boots - but it's just fine the second time you boot it.

Oh - and here's the fun part - you have to wait for it to die and then reboot - you can't just boot it and turn it off. You have to wait for the connection to loose before you reboot it or it'll just die on you again!

:p - any ideas?

Jack

Ok, this is wierd - Think I've got a hardware failure here. I recently had my 1st generation Xbox 360 die (oddly enough it didn't RROD - it just boots then about 30 seconds into any game, gray screens out and locks up) - and by 1st generation...I mean I won it in that Mountain Dew Contest all those years ago.

So I went out and picked up an elite - (like the black and had been using my VGA connection forever - so HDMI was a plus) - overall I'm very happy with the elite- it's ALOT quieter and a little zippier around the blads tab - but I do have one nagging little problem

Everytime I boot up, my wireless adapter boots up just fine (it's the little 100 dollar MS one made for the console) - it'll stay connected for about 2 minutes - then drops signal (starts by saying I've been disconnected from Messenger then I'm disconnected from live) - when I manually try and reconnect - it tells me that no network resource is available - I checked the actual device - and it "red lights" out. I can fix this by rebooting the console - and when I do that - it stays powered on for hours and hours of gaming bliss. So this appears to be some sort of power issue - like it's underpowered the first time it boots - but it's just fine the second time you boot it.

Oh - and here's the fun part - you have to wait for it to die and then reboot - you can't just boot it and turn it off. You have to wait for the connection to loose before you reboot it or it'll just die on you again!

:p - any ideas?

Jack

that happened to mine. I found that sometimes simply disconnecting the adapter and reconnecting, (without affecting then system) did the trick. Eventually I exchanged the wireless for a new one and troubles are gone, so I'm assuming it's the adapter.

Back