Xbox 360 repair refunds finally !

jpr27

Regular
I just wanted to let everyone know that it seems MS has finally started coming through with their promise to refund costs for repair for those of us who were early adopters and received the red ring of death. I was one of those "lucky ones" " :) and my Xbox 360 died on me about 10 days after the original MS warranty DOH ! (90 days I believe) and sent it in for repairs (replacement). I paid for the repair of the system and just received my refund a few days ago.

Although it took more then the "you will receive a refund in 4-6 weeks", I am happy never the less that MS followed through and made the right decision for the early adopters and refunding the cost for repairs on defective units. For those of you who also fall under similar circumstances make sure to call MS and confirm you are on the list if you paid for repairs.

Note: MS advised me when I contacted them that they have a database of all the people who received the early (and some possible faulty) systems and will receive a refund if they fall under the criteria. The main point here is that you must register your console to receive it. Just a small point to help get back the $$ a little quicker if you paid for a repair early on.

Heck now that I think about it the timing was probably due to recent game releases lol. I went out and bought GOW, RS Vegas, and COD 3 with the refund anyway :)

Back