Xbox 360 prototype

I bet those bolts on top (side?) do not hold or fasten anything, they are there just for decoration.
Or are they used to fasten the CPU :)

if that's close to the final design, that's certainly better than xbox if they can keep the size as small as it looks in the second pic. However in the first pic it looks much bigger :? The size has a big impact in that design, it either saves or kills it. Too big and it'll look even uglier than xbox.
The second pic makes it look a lot like the 3DO (without the "handle")

That design is not attractive. Better that they make it look like a high fidelity stereo component... especially considering they are supposedly making wireless controllers standard.

if they made it look more like that persons lap top (to the right of the X2) that would be much better than that thing with a STUPID curved handle running round it....

uuugh !

;-)

kyetech said:
if they made it look more like that persons lap top (to the right of the X2) that would be much better than that thing with a STUPID curved handle running round it....

uuugh !

;-)
With this kind of design, I foresee throw-away jokes about the handle along the lines of those about the first iMac. :LOL:

Lol and people made fun of the GC because of the handle? :LOL: Back to the drawing board I'd say...

Wow. Possibly even uglier than the original XBox!

You'd have thought that with all their cash, MS might be able to come up with something better looking than that.

Yeuch. :?

As xbox design got it's inspiration from car audio amplifiers, it's fitting that the xbox2 design would be inspired by a car wheel rim.

xbox3 will look like racing seat.

Edit: Those "handles". They do not form a continuous arc, do they? The handle "arc" does not flow smoothly but breaks in the middle. Insignifigant, yes. But it'd look better if it were a continuous section of a circle. Perhaps they are removable.

What size do you estimate it is. From the first pic it looks comparable in size to that flat screen monitor on the left of it. Is that monitor 17"? If, then the xbox2 will be huge lol.

What is MS doing???

First the name (360), then the design. Well, at least the machine is half round. :?

Early prediction: Sony's going to KILL Xbox next generation. If this stuff is true, MS is not firing on all cylinders. None of it feels right to me.

Heh... I thought it looks pretty sweet in the second picture, and its the first time I've ever thought about a device as "looking cool." PSP, PS2, GC, etc never gave me that reaction.

Come on, you know you love that faux steel look. Like you could use it for a shield when you're done playing halo and go out with your buddies for some live action role playing. Xbox +2, bitches.

yes next year you will have the following headlines

"angry gamer pummeled his opponent with X-Box 360, the victim's condition is critical"

Oh god , it just looks like an xbox with a carrying handle. For a while back there I thought NextBox might have learned from its predecessors lack of style..guess not.

Cheers

Reminds me of gas can, and doesn't the handles, quite unnesessarily, take up way to much space? I can understand a handle on the back to protect cables and plugs, but one on the side?! That's just silly.

Heh... I thought it looks pretty sweet in the second picture

It only looks ok in the second picture because the second handle is obscured, though the silver colour does help a bit as well.

Obviously MS felt that if they copied the handle from GC it had to be bigger then the original so they went with two handles. Yeah baby!.. double the handle power compared to GC!! :LOL:

Back